Records and Registration

Veteran Students at NYU Law

General Information


Important Covid 19 Information

Learn about the COVID Coach App.

Veterans can apply for VA benefits online. Benefits are available for the following chapters:

Upon admission to NYU, complete the paperwork through the VA, please request your Certificate of Eligibility (COE) from the VA. Please note that receiving your COE could take up to six weeks. 

Submit your COE to Office of Records & Registration at NYU School of Law, as soon as possible. Please use our form to submit your COE.

You will need to indicate that you intend to use your military benefits (GI Bill, Yellow Ribbon) before the start of each semester. To initiate benefits for each semester, please complete the form above before the following dates:

Semester 1/Summer: March 31st (Or as soon as possible, upon admission)

Semester 2/Fall: July 5th

Semester 3/Spring: November 1st

Yellow Ribbon Program

Yellow Ribbon is a part of the Post-9/11 Veterans Educational Assistance Act of 2008 and provides education benefits to military veterans who have served on active duty since Sept. 11, 2001.  Under the program, the Department of Veterans Affairs matches an institution's Yellow Ribbon contributions made to eligible veterans. Beginning with the fall 2018 semester, NYU School of Law will contribute the maximum amount in Yellow Ribbon benefits to be matched by the VA for all Yellow Ribbon eligible veterans. The combination of NYU School of Law's Yellow Ribbon contribution with the VA's GI-Bill® benefits and its Yellow Ribbon matching amount is anticipated to cover the full cost of law school tuition, mandatory fees, and basic student health insurance. Please visit our student information and resources page for more about the Yellow Ribbon Program. Please scroll down to find “School of Law” to find the maximum amount Yellow Ribbon offers.

If you are an eligible veteran and enrolled (or will enroll) at NYU School of Law, please contact Student Financial Services at to notify us of your interest in the program.  We will ask you to submit a copy of your Certificate of Eligibility (COE) to the School of Law's Office of Records and Registration prior to the start of the academic year in order to process Yellow Ribbon benefits.

NOTE: Individuals on active duty are not eligible for Yellow Ribbon Program.