The University will notify students of an emergency through various media, including text messages. NYU requires that all students provide two types of emergency contacts: the student's cell phone number (domestic or international) and a third party the University can contact in the case of an emergency, including the party's phone number. Students will not be allowed to register for classes without this information on file in Albert.
The following steps will guide you through the process for entering your cell phone number and an emergency contact number.
1. Go to Albert through NYU Home.
2. Log into Albert.
3. From the Albert homepage, click the 'Personal Info' section on the left-hand menu.
4. On the resulting page, you'll see your demographic information displayed including preferred name, gender pronouns, addresses, phone numbers, e-mail addresses and emergency contact. You may click any one of the links displayed below to update that information.
5. To update your phone number, click the 'Edit Phone Numbers' link. A window will pop up window where you may add additional phone numbers as needed by clicking the 'Add Phone' button.
6. To update your emergency contact information, click on the 'Edit Emergency Contacts' link. On the resulting page, you may click the '+' sign to add additional contacts. Be sure to save once finished. The emergency contact number must be different from any of the phone numbers you list for yourself, including your cellphone number. Once you enter your cell phone and emergency contact information you will be able to proceed with registration.