Please note: On-campus housing assignments are processed by date of completed application. Applications for studios and for family units will be assigned based on the date your application is received and the availability of space.
What you need to know to complete a housing application:
- University Identification Number: Only those students who have confirmed their intent to enroll and been assigned a University Identification number (UID) can apply for housing.
- Permanent Mailing Address: If you do not have a permanent address, please provide the address of your closest relative.
- Current Mailing Address: This address will be used to correspond with you until you move into Law School housing, unless you give other instructions.
- Valid Until: Please include the last date until which you may be reached at your current mailing address.
- Family/Partner Housing is available for couples where one adult is a non-student. The student member of the family is the licensee and is responsible for the entire apartment rent. Family housing is also available for families with children.
- Accommodation Preference: Indicate, in order of preference, the building and type of apartment you would prefer. If you would like to provide more than 6 preferences please do so in the "Note" section of the application. Price variations may reflect apartment view, amenities, and square footage. We encourage you to review the Rates & Options prior to submitting your application.
- Apartmentmate Preference: Specific apartmentmates may be requested (indicate name and ID number), but cannot be guaranteed. Apartment-mate requests must be mutual and each apartment-mate must submit an application.
- Lifestyle Accommodations: Please note information that may be helpful in assigning you an apartment and apartment-mate(s). This information will be considered and accommodated if an appropriate match is available. The Office of Residential Life is unable to accept requests based upon race, religious creed, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age, or marital or parental status. Smoking is prohibited in all School of Law residence halls (apartments, common areas, terraces, balconies, etc.).
- Request for Reasonable Accommodations: In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, New York University will provide reasonable accommodations for a student eligible to reside in School of Law housing who has a qualifying physical or mental impairment that substantially limits one or more major life activities and has a record of such impairment or is regarded as having such an impairment. In order to be considered for a special housing accommodation you must review the Information Packet for Requesting Reasonable Housing Accommodations complete the Reasonable Housing Accommodation Request Application and return it to the Moses Center for Student Accessibility, 726 Broadway, 2nd Floor, New York, NY 10003, ATTN: Reasonable Housing Accommodations. You can also call 212-998-4980(/voice/TTY). Information provided to the Moses Center for Student Accessibility is kept confidential and only will be shared within the University as is necessary to evaluate the request.
- Contract/License Duration: Check license type box on the application indicating length of agreement. Only December 2019 graduates and fall semester exchange students may apply for a fall only housing assignment.
- Cancellation Requests: Student cancellation information.
- Emergency Contact: Please provide the name of a person for us to contact in case of an emergency. Applicants also have the option of registering confidential contact information for an individual to be contacted in the event the resident is determined to be missing.
- Confirmation of Assignment: The Office of Residential Life will confirm your assignment by sending you a Notification of Assignment via email to your NYU email account. We will begin to send out confirmations on Friday, March 6, 2020 and weekly thereafter. Applicants will be notified only if we are able to offer a 2020-21 academic year housing assignment.
- License: All applicants must agree to the conditions of the Housing License.
- Early Arrival: Students with a confirmed housing assignment may apply to arrive prior to the August 19, 2020 check-in date (August 17, 2020 for JD1 students) by submitting an Early Arrival Application. We will begin processing early arrival housing assignments via email the second week of July and weekly thereafter.