Those students who have a confirmed assignment in NYU School of Law housing for the 2022-23 academic year may apply to prior to their license start dates by submitting an Early Arrival Application, available starting August 12. Come early to settle in and enjoy what New York City has to offer.
Housing License/Arrival Dates:
- The AY 2022-23 early arrival period will begin on August 12, 2022 and is subject to availability.
- The academic year license period start date for all except JD1 students is August 27, 2022 and will extend to May 17, 2023.
- The academic year license period start date for JD1 students is August 24, 2022 and extends to May 17, 2023. All JD1 students are scheduled to arrive on Wednesday, August 24, 2022, and will be charged the corresponding JD1 Orientation Housing Fee from August 24 to August 26, 2022. JD1 students who would like to arrive prior to August 24 should submit an Early Arrival Application requesting to do so.
- Early Arrival Applications are subject to approval and are only available to those students who have a confirmed housing assignment for the Fall 2022 semester.
- Residents are assessed a nightly charge for their early arrival stay which is pro-rated based on the academic year rates. The rates include phone, cable and utilities charges.
- Early arrival application must be submitted at least 14 days prior to the requested arrival date. If an early arrival housing request is cancelled after an assignment notification has been sent, a $200.00 cancellation fee will be placed on the student's University account.
- We will begin processing early arrival housing requests the week of July 4 and weekly thereafter. Confirmation will be sent via email to the applicant's NYU email address.
- If you would like to make any changes to your early arrival application, after the application has been submitted and before it has been processed, please contact the Department of Residence Services.
- Access to the NYU Sports Centers is available to all students once the academic year begins. Residents who would like to access the Sports Centers prior to August 27 may arrange to do so by contacting the membership office and paying a fee associated with service during this period.
- Only those residents who have requested, and been approved, to arrive prior to the academic year license start date (August 27 for all but JD1 students; August 24 for JD1 students) will be permitted to check in early.
- While we do all that we can to grant requests, we cannot guarantee that all requests will be granted.