Those students who have a confirmed assignment in NYU School of Law housing for the 2023-24 academic year may apply to prior to their license start dates by submitting an Early Arrival Application once available. Come early to settle in and enjoy what New York City has to offer.
Early arrival housing is not guaranteed but will be accommodated whenever availability permits. Students with an academic commitment may apply to move in as early as July 28, 2023, and students without an academic commitment may apply to move in as early as August 14, 2023.
Housing License/Arrival Dates:
- The 2023-2024 Academic Year early arrival period will begin in mid-August 2023 and is subject to availability.
- The academic year license period start date for all except JD1 students is August 26, 2023 and will extend to May 15, 2024.
- The academic year license period start date for JD1 students is August 23, 2023 so that they may attend orientation. JD1 students who would like to arrive prior to August 24 should submit an Early Arrival Application requesting to do so.
- Early Arrival Applications are subject to approval and are only available to those students who have a confirmed housing assignment for the Fall 2023 semester.
- Residents are assessed a nightly charge for their early arrival stay which is pro-rated based on the academic year rates. The rates include phone, cable and utilities charges. Rates will be available in the application and vary by room type.
- Early arrival application must be submitted at least 14 days prior to the requested arrival date. If an early arrival housing request is cancelled after confirming an assignment, a $200.00 cancellation fee will be placed on the student's University account.
- We will begin processing early arrival housing requests the week of July 4 and weekly thereafter. Confirmation will be sent via email to the applicant's NYU email address.
- If you would like to make any changes to your early arrival application, after the application has been submitted and before it has been processed, please contact the Department of Residence Services.
- Access to the NYU Sports Centers is available to all students once the academic year begins. Residents who would like to access the Sports Centers prior to August 27 may arrange to do so by contacting the membership office and paying a fee associated with service during this period.
- Only those residents who have requested, and been approved, to arrive prior to the academic year license start date (August 26 for all but JD1 students; August 23 for JD1 students) will be permitted to check in early.
- While we do all that we can to grant requests, we cannot guarantee that all requests will be granted.