Only NYU Law students who currently reside in housing during the academic year can participate in the Housing Reapplication and Room Selection process. Room selections are determined by a two-step lottery system. Applicants Must Complete Phase I and II to guarantee housing status.
Make a choice in Phase I:
- Renew your current assignment for 2020-21 academic year. NOTE: If you choose to renew your current assignment for the upcoming academic year, you will be automatically assigned it for the academic year 2020-2021. There are no additional steps required. You will not participate in Phase II of the lottery process.
- Enter the Lottery as an individual or family unit. NOTE: Individuals and families can only select from single/one-bedroom apartments or a double occupancy rooms.
- Enter the Lottery as a newly-formed group. NOTE: Students may only register to be part of one group, and groups are limited to no more than three students. All group members will receive the same selection date and time. Groups of two may only select double occupancy units. Before registering, groups must appoint a Group Leader, who will create the group name and password, make the room selections, and assign spaces within an apartment. Groups made up of students with different priority status numbers will have their overall groups priority averaged. (Students are given a priority number based on the number of semesters they have lived in academic year housing at one point per semester).
- Students who have completed Phase 1 are bound to the terms of the 2020-2021 Housing License, a 9-month financial commitment for the full academic year, which can only be canceled in accordance with the terms specified within the license.
About Phase II:
Phase II Room Selection begins on January 24 and concludes on January 29, 2020. Selection times are determined randomly within priority categories. Students will be notified by 5 pm on January 23, 2020 via their NYUHome account of the specific date and time that they will be able to access the Room Selection.
The Room Selection step can only be accessed through the housing portal.
- If you do not complete Phase II, you will automatically be canceled from the room selection process.
Once you have selected a room, it cannot be changed. Students unsatisfied with their space may apply for a room change during the room switch process beginning February 3 through February 5, 2020.
Step-by-Step: Guide to Room Selection Phase II: Individual
Step-by-Step: Guide to Room Selection Phase II: Group
In an effort to create more housing options for incoming and current residents, ensure equity, and maximize use of available spaces, the Department of Residence Services may actively seek to consolidate vacancies within the Law School Housing system. Students that are assigned to partially-filled apartments may be reassigned. To clarify, the residence hall, room, and/or roommates you select now may be changed if necessary for consolidation purposes. Consolidation may occur prior to check-in or during the academic year.
Please email the Office of Residential Life (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions regarding the housing lottery and room selection process.