Clinical courses and externships typically combine work in the field with seminars and simulation exercises. For a detailed description of each clinic and externship and of application procedures, please visit the Clinics website. Students may not enroll in a clinic or externship without first applying for and being accepted into it by the instructor.
- May 28 - June 5, 2019: Clinic Application Period.
- June 5: All application materials are due by 5 PM. Students should submit applications to clinics online using the Clinic Application and Matching System (CAMS). Log in with your NYU NetID and Law School-issued password to upload the application form for LLM students, your resume, and unofficial transcript. Any additional materials requested by clinics should also be submitted via CAMS. If you have trouble saving the LLM application form, please contact the NYU Law Help Desk at (212) 998-6111. For other questions about CAMS please contact Susan Hodges.
- June 6 - 14: Interviews (if required).
- June 17: Preferences must be submitted on CAMS by 5:00 p.m. Please do this even if you only applied to one clinic.
- June 21: Students notified by e-mail whether or not they have been accepted into a clinic.
- June 27: Confirmation of students' intent to register must be received by 5 PM.
The following clinics/externships reserve spots so that LLM students may apply; additional opportunities will be posted by the end of May:
- Global Justice - for LLMs (Fall)
- Guarini Externship:Global Legal Practice in Digital Society (Spring)
- Housing Law Externship (Fall and Spring)
- International Organizations (Fall)
- International Transactions Clinic - for LLMs (Spring)
- LGBTQ Rights Externship (Spring)
- Mediation (Fall)
- New York State Attorney General's Office - Antitrust Enforcement Externship (Spring)
- New York State Attorney General's Office - Economic Justice Law Enforcement Externship (Fall)
- Reproductive Justice (Fall) and Advanced Reproductive Justice (Spring)
- United Nations Diplomacy Clinic (Fall)