1. NYU Law offers one of the nation's most generous LRAPs.
- NEW for 2023: Most participants can now earn up to $110,000 a year and have no monthly payment on their law school loans.
- Non-law educational debt up to $30,000 in original principal is included in LRAP Plus (on top of a $10,000 allowance for Bar Study Loans).
- LRAP Plus also includes a dependent allowance of $10,000 per eligible dependent.
2. Our LRAP is for graduates committed to public service.
- NYU Law’s far-reaching program comprises both an income-driven plan which leverages the power of the federal government's Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLFP) and a traditional 10-year plan similar to other law schools. Between them, they cover a wide range of employment including full-time jobs in federal, state, city and local government, nonprofit organizations, judicial clerkships, legal academia, some self-employment and for-profit organizations serving the public interest.
- If you stay with our income-driven plan for 10 years until completion, your loans can be fully forgiven with the lowest overall out-of-pocket expenses possible. And, you may pay nothing toward your loans each month even as you advance in your career.
3. NYU Law’s LRAP Plus lets you make choices.
- Participants in LRAP Plus will have increased flexibility—qualified participants may opt into the Income-Driven plan or Traditional.
- If you choose to explore other career opportunities after three years in the Income-Driven plan, we offer one-time payment assistance to help you stay on track with your loan payments.
- It’s possible to defer for up to two years to start a family, pursue further education or deal with unforeseen hardship.
- It's never too late to join LRAP Plus. Qualified participants can apply at any time.
4. You can count on our LRAP.
- NYU Law is committed to covering all LRAP participants now and in the future. If for any reason the PSLFP were no longer available, the Law School would provide Income-Driven plan participants with the benefits of our Traditional plan.