Please Note: LRAP Plus is for the Class of 2019 forward. Our prior LRAP is for the Class of 2018 and earlier. (The Classes of 2019-21 may choose either one.)
The LRAP Application for 2022 is now available! We are pleased to announce a new partnership between NYU Law and Ardeo Education Solutions to help administer LRAP. If you have questions about your application, please use the updated contact information.
1. NYU Law offers one of the nation's most generous LRAPs.
- Beginning with the Class of 2019, most participants can earn up to $100,000 a year and have no monthly payment on their law school loans.
- Non-law educational debt up to $30,000 in original principal is included in LRAP Plus (on top of a $10,000 allowance for bar loans).
- LRAP Plus also includes a new dependent allowance of $10,000 per eligible dependent.
2. Our LRAP is for graduates committed to public service.
- NYU Law’s far-reaching program comprises both an income-driven plan, which leverages the power of the federal government's Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLFP), and a traditional 10-year plan similar to other law schools. Between them, they cover a wide range of employment, including full-time jobs in federal, tribal, state, and local government and nonprofit organizations, as well as judicial clerkships, jobs in legal academia, some self-employment, and for-profit organizations serving the public interest.
- If you stay with our income-driven plan for 10 years until completion, your loans can be fully forgiven with the lowest overall out-of-pocket expenses possible. (And, you may pay nothing toward your loans each month, even as you advance in your career.)
3. NYU Law’s LRAP Plus lets you make choices.
- Beginning with the Class of 2019, participants in our new LRAP Plus will have increased flexibility—qualified participants may opt into the income-driven plan or the traditional one.
- If you choose to explore other career opportunities after three years in the income-driven plan, we offer one-time payment assistance to help you stay on track with your loan payments.
- It’s possible to defer for up to two years to start a family, pursue education, or deal with unforeseen hardship.
- It's never too late to join LRAP Plus. Qualified participants can apply at any time.
4. You can count on our LRAP.
- NYU Law is committed to covering all LRAP participants now and in the future. If for any reason the PSLFP were no longer available, the Law School would provide income-driven plan participants with the benefits of our traditional plan.