Bar Study Loans
Bar Study Loans are private education loans for which third-year and LLM students may be eligible. Bar Study Loans assist graduating students with paying for bar exam courses and bar exam expenses. The terms are similar to the corresponding private loan programs.
- Borrow up to $15,000, depending on the lender
- Must remain within the aggregate limits set by private lenders
- Must be creditworthy (this is a critical factor in being eligible to secure a bar loan; please note that applicants for bar loans with less than ideal credit may have a difficult time qualifying for a bar loan)
- Disbursements are sent directly to the borrower. (Please be sure that your lender has the correct address information for all disbursement periods.)
- Some lenders require that you must have a previous borrowing relationship with them
If you wish to apply for a bar study loan please carefully research your options and submit an application to your preferred lender. Additionally, you must submit the Bar Study Loan Certification Request to the Office of Student Financial Services once your loan has been approved by your lender.