The Office of Career Services (OCS) offers assistance to NYU Law alumni undertaking job or career transitions. Alumni can access:
On our Career Services Manager website, jobs are searchable by geographic location, employer type, and practice area, etc. (Note: We cannot guarantee the reputation or professional standing of employers posting job listings.)
OCS Alumni Publications
To request publications, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Alumni Publications." Include your name, graduation year and degree, mailing address.
- Guide to Resources for the Legal Job Search
- The Road to an Alternative Career
- Top Tips for Making a Transition to a New Practice Area
- Returning to the Workplace: How, When, Where? A Bibliography
- Job Search Tips & Resources for Recent Graduates
- Job Search Tips & Resources for Experienced Graduates
Individual Career Counseling
The OCS also offers alumni career counseling. Please e-mail a summary of your current situation (including the type of transition you are contemplating, your geographic parameters, any steps you may already have undertaken, and the specific topics you would like to discuss) to email@example.com. Please include a copy of your most up-to-date résumé (in a format other than pdf). A counselor will assess the information you have provided and either schedule an appointment or direct you to appropriate resources to be used in preparation for an appointment.
(Please note: Alumni career information may be shared within and between the OCS and PILC and, when warranted, with the Office of Student Financial Services, the Office of Development and Alumni Relations, the Offices of the Vice Dean or Dean, the Office of the NYU General Counsel, and any other appropriate Law School or University offices.)
For Recent Graduates
- LexisNexis Law School Graduate Program provides members of the most recent graduating class with a complimentary ID valid through December of the year of graduation.
- Westlaw's Career related databases are available free-of-charge to NYU Law graduates for one year after graduation. Please use your student password to access these resources.
More Law School Career-Related Services
- Judicial Clerkships Email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. Please also register on CSM/Symplicity under the "Clerkships" tab and review the Judicial Clerkship Handbook and Appendices.
- The Academic Careers Program is designed to help prepare members of the New York University School of Law community for careers in law teaching.
- Public Interest Law Center (PILC) provides career counseling, including advice on fellowship and job search strategies.
- PSJD (formerly PSLawNet) is an online clearinghouse of public interest and government job listings. NYU Law alumni can register for free.
- Office of Development & Alumni Relations offers graduates a forum in which to re-engage, connect and maintain ties long after graduation.
More NYU Career-Related Services
- NYU School of Professional Studies offers programs, courses, and certificates in a wide range of professionally oriented areas of study.
- NYU Alumni Relations helps reconnect graduates who wish to find old friends, attend social and professional events, exchange ideas, and access career networking information.