Given the diversity of the student body, OCS offers and supports a number of programs and opportunities for all students. As part of this effort, OCS has tailored a number of career programs. We also work closely with all Student Organizations including the student affinity groups.
- The Office of Career Services hosts a Diversity Forum (the "Forum") every fall. The Forum includes a panel addressing issues of diversity in the workplace as well as a 1L Diversity Career Fair, duing which legal employers that sponsor a 1L diversity fellowhsip, internship, or summer associate program are showcased to 1Ls.
- The Office of Career Services routinely speaks with employers about their diversity initiatives.
- The Office of Career Services advertises various on-campus presentations and receptions related to diversity initiatives.
- Many law firms host diversity events at their firm for our students to enable them to learn about the firm's practice and meet/network with attorneys interested in diversity initatives.
- Many firms offer scholarship or fellowship opportunities for 1L and 2L students as part of the firms' diversity initiatives.
- Students actively partipate in the New York City Bar Diversity Fellowship Program.
- Students participate in programs offered through the Law Alumni of Color Association (LACA), formerly known as the Black, Latino, Asian, Pacific American Law Alumni Association. LACA holds panels, receptions, happy hours, and dinners throughout the year.