The Office of Career Services holds events and educational programming throughout the year, and our counselors work with students to help them navigate the job search process and achieve their goals.
(For details and registration information for OCS events and recruiting programs, go to your Career Services Manager (CSM) account.)
- 1Ls begin to meet with the OCS counselors, get the Career Resources Handbook, and can attend a small group 1L Job Search Workshop.
- The Practice Area Educational Fair and Panel introduces first-year students to practice areas and provides a forum for interaction with attorneys from over 70 law firms, as well as lawyers working in alternative careers such as banking, consulting, and compliance.
- The Fall On-Campus Interview program takes place for 2L candidates, featuring employers in the public, private, and government sectors.
- 1L job search group sessions and detailed résumé reviews are held.
- 1Ls also attend Interview Skills Mini Clinics and the 1L Diversity Career Fair.
- Students begin to prepare mailings to 1L summer employers.
- Orientation session held for Spring On-Campus interviews and events.
- Informal law firm and corporate sponsored events, receptions, lunches and dinners take place throughout the spring.
- Speed Networking Lunch for 1Ls connects students with attorneys from 25+ New York law firms in a very informal setting.
- On-campus interviews allow students to submit their interview preferences for a variety of public interest, government and law firm employers.
- Career Education programs are offered throughout the spring.
- Strike-A-Match orientation session for Early Interview Week (EIW), the largest on-campus interview program of the year.
- NYU Global Networking Event features attorneys from law firms in major legal markets outside of New York, both national and international.
- Students may also schedule a “mini-mock” interview with an OCS counselor in order to assess their skills and ensure that they are prepared for all upcoming interviews.
- Student EIW bid lists can be reviewed by a counselor before they are entered into the lottery process. Students have historically received an average of 22 interviews as a result of the EIW lottery.
- Interview Workshops and Practice Interview Evenings with law firm partners and associates
- Attorney Interview Match practice interview program for one-on-one practice interviews with lawyers nationwide. Students engage in a "mock interview" followed by candid feedback and suggestions on their interview skills.
- EIW 2022 takes place. The majority of students secure their 2L summer positions through this program.
- Students attend EIW callback interviews.
- OCS counselors provide guidance as students evaluate their callback and offer options.
- Incoming students set up their Career Services Manager (CSM) profile.
The Office of Career Services provides reasonable accommodations to people with disabilities. Requests for accommodations for events and services should be submitted at least two weeks before the date of the accommodation need. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 212-998-6090 for further assistance.