Exam postponement requests may be submitted online now
- The deadline to submit a postponement request is Friday, April 10, 2020.
- To make this request in Exam Reporter, click on “Postponements.”
- In the section titled “Request Postponement” select the class for which you seek a postponement.
- Then select the type or reason for the requested postponement.
- Finally, click on submit.
- You will need to submit a separate request for each exam you wish to postpone.
- Results of requests will be available via ExamReporter after 5:00pm on April 27.
Postponed exams will be scheduled on the first day on which no exams are scheduled, or the next available day of the following week if you have four consecutive exams within one calendar week (Monday through Friday). Exams will be rescheduled so as to avoid creating an additional conflict. Please note in order to postpone an exam scheduled for the next morning base on the Evening/Morning rule, the evening exam must begin at 6:00 pm.
Petitions to the Executive Committee will be entertained only in cases of unusually severe hardship.
Please note the following:
- To preserve the anonymous nature of our grading system, students should not request postponements or any special arrangements from the instructor in a course.
- The time allotted for an exam might change at the professor's instruction. Therefore, students should adhere to the time specified on the exam instruction sheet on the day the exam is taken.
- Students cannot take an exam earlier than the scheduled exam date.
- When you postpone an exam, the grade may show up as "IP." It will be changed when your actual grade is entered into the system.
Accommodations for Students with Disabilities
- All students with disabilities who need accommodations must register with the Moses Center for Students with Disabilities to provide appropriate verification of their disabilities.
- Students who require special exam accommodations also must submit a request for each of their exams via Examreporter.
- The deadline to submit an accommodation request is Friday, April 10, 2020.
- If you have any further questions about postponement requests, contact the Office of Academic Services.