Law School policy requires that passwords must be a minimum of eight (8) characters in length, contain at least one lower-case letter, upper-case letter, number, and symbol. The following information can be used to create a password that follows this policy.
Passwords must meet the following complexity requirements:
- Minimum of eight (8) characters in length.
- Must include at least one of each of the following:
- letters (a-z and/or A-Z)
- at least one number (0-9)
- at least one special character: * ! @ # 0 ^ & * _ - = [ ] | ; ~ , . / ?
Passwords should be unique and not used for any other account. Previous Law School passwords cannot be reused.
Law School passwords expire after 365 days.
An expiration notice will be displayed upon login starting 14 days prior to expiry.
Changing a Password
Law School passwords can be changed from the desktop or laptop, or from Outlook Web Access.
From a Desktop
- Press Ctrl + Alt + Del.
- Click Change a password.
- Type your current password (Old Password).
- Type, and retype, your new password (New Password, Confirm Password).
From Outlook Web Access
- Login to OWA at https://mercury.law.nyu.edu/owa.
- Click Options in the upper right, below your name.
- Click Change Your Password…
- Type your current password (Current password).
- Type, and retype, your new password (New password, Confirm new password).
- Click Save (below, to the right).
If an account has been locked due to too many failed login attempts or because it has expired please call or visit Helpdesk for assistance.