The Center offers an annual speaker series featuring leaders from academia and the public and private sectors on a range of topics relating to diversity and inclusion. Speakers for the 2020-21 academic year are:
The Center is grateful for the support of our speaker series sponsors. This year's sponsors are:
If you are interested in becoming a sponsor of the Center’s speaker series, please contact David Glasgow at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Justice Sonia Sotomayor, Associate Justice of the United States Supreme Court [November 10, 2016]. Read about the event.
- Brian Welle, Director of People Analytics at Google [February 15, 2017].
- Iris Bohnet, Professor of Public Policy at Harvard Kennedy School and author of What Works: Gender Equality By Design (2016) [March 2, 2017]. Read about the event.
- Sherrilyn Ifill, President and Director-Counsel of the NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund [April 21, 2017]. Read about the event.
Speakers for the 2017-18 academic year were:
- Arlie Russell Hochschild, Professor Emerita at UC Berkeley Sociology Department and author of Strangers in Their Own Land: Anger and Mourning on the American Right (2016) [November 6, 2017]. Read about the event.
- Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Associate Justice of the United States Supreme Court [February 5, 2018]. Watch the video.
- Chris Hayes, Emmy Award-winning host of All In with Chris Hayes on MSNBC and author of A Colony in a Nation (2017) [March 22, 2018]. Watch the video.
- Mahzarin Banaji, Richard Clarke Cabot Professor of Social Ethics at Harvard University and author (with Anthony Greenwald) of Blindspot: Hidden Biases of Good People (2013) [April 12, 2018].
Speakers for the 2018-19 academic year were: