Thursday, June 23, 2016
2. Relevance, risks, possibilities, and limits of indicators as a tool for enforceability of ESCR.
3. Links between indicators and justiciability of ESCR.
4. Regional scenario: the role of the San Salvador Protocol Working Group, and the follow-up mechanisms of the Belém do Pará Convention. Indicators in the jurisprudence of the Inter-American Court of Human Rights.
Friday, June 24, 2016
10:30-12:30 PANEL 3: Public Finance and ESCR
1. What type of institutional arrangements may contribute to having a tax/expenditure regime respectful of HR?
2. Challenges around the judicial intervention devoted to control tax/expenditure policies which are not respectful of HR. (May the judiciary intervene when tax/expenditure policies are not respectful of HR?; what type of intervention is justified?; what type of remedies may be allowed?)
3. What pressing extraterritorial/international tax issues need attention from the human rights world? (tax avoidance via transfer pricing etc., financial secrecy)
14:45-16:45 PANEL 4: Teaching Skills for ESCR Advocacy
1. Relevance and challenges of teaching skills to future HR lawyers.
2. Methods, materials, and results.