Summer Living at NYU Law



Students sitting at cafe in Greenwich Village

You can live in our comfortable, conveniently located residence halls this summer, even if you don't go to NYU Law. 

How to apply

  1. Fill out an NYUHome Account/NYU ID Number Request Form. Requests take approximately two to three business days to process. Returning applicants must re-activate their existing account by submitting the request form listed above. If you do not receive your NYU ID within three business days, please email for assistance. 
  2. Create a password for your NYU Home account, once you receive a NYU ID number & NetID.
  3. Submit an online application. Click on the SLNY Registration tab located on the top left of webpage. (If you would like to request an apartment-mate, all applicants must submit their application prior to the apartment-mate request. Once applicants have submitted their applications, they can log-in here to request specific apartment-mates.)
  4. All summer applications require a deposit of $1,000.00. Incomplete applications will not be processed. Summer housing deposits must be made online via the NYU eSuite.  To submit the deposit online, once in the NYU eSuite, applicants must click on the eDeposits tab. Step by step directions here

A few things you should know:

  • All applications will require a $1,000.00 deposit online via electronic check at the time of application using NYU's E-suite. NYU does not accept credit cards. Deposits must be done via Albert, and you must allow up to 24 hours for your access to NYUHome to be authorized. International applicants should contact the NYU Bursars office for further payment options at 212-998-2806 (Menu Option "0").
  • Applications must be entered/submitted by the individual who is applying for accommodations. 
  • The minimum length of stay is four weeks. Rates vary depending upon choice of room and length of stay.
  • Housing Assignments are made based on the date the application is received and length of stay requested. Submitting an application does not guarantee placement. 
  • Priority in the assignment process is given to those who apply before the April 15 priority deadline, want a shared space only, and have selected “Yes” to an alternate assignment.  Individuals applying for studio occupancy units will be assigned by the completed date of the application. Applications for family units, due to the fact that the demand for these types of accommodations exceed the supply, will be assigned by the completed date of the application.
  • Specific apartmentmates may be requested but cannot be guaranteed. 
  • A limited number of family and partner accommodations are available.
  • All applicants must agree to the conditions of the 2021 Summer Living in New York License Agreement.
  • Health Insurance is required to live in NYU Law residence halls. The insurance company should be headquartered and operating in the US, with a US claims address and customer service telephone number. (International applicants who do not meet this requirement should contact the Summer Living in New York City program.) The insurance coverage should remain in effect for the entire period of your stay in NYU School of Law housing, and  provide inpatient hospitalization benefits in the New York City area for both medical and mental health treatment. The plan should provide outpatient benefits in the New York City area (including coverage for office visits, outpatient mental health benefits and laboratory and radiology procedures). Coverage limited to emergency care does not meet this requirement. The maximum benefit payable under the insurance plan should be at least USD $250,000.00 per condition. Applicants must confirm that they have health insurance that includes the above recommendations, or other financial resources to cover their health needs while in NYU summer residential housing.
  • Reasonable accommodations: In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, New York University will provide reasonable accommodations for a student eligible to reside in School of Law housing who has a qualifying physical or mental impairment that substantially limits one or more major life activities and has a record of such an impairment or is regarded as having such impairment.  To be considered for a special housing accommodation, complete the Special Housing Accommodation Request Form provided at the Moses Center. Information provided to the Moses Center for Student Accessibility is kept confidential and only will be shared within the University as is necessary to evaluate the request.

 We reserve the right to process reassignments when necessary.