Hayden Hall is located at the corner of West Third and Mercer Streets, just a few minutes’ walk from Vanderbilt Hall, New York University School of Law’s principle classroom building.
- 24/7 front desk services
- 24/7 maintenance staff coverage
- NYU Campus Cable
- NYU Telephone System: Includes voicemail, call-waiting, and local service.
- NYU Network Connections (Data and Voice): High-speed wireless online and data capability.
- Furnished apartments
- Utilities included (Heat, Air Conditioning, Electricity, Water, & Gas)
- Green Living Initiatives
Terrace on the 7th floor, The Commons, and houses the offices for the student journals.
Computer labs, laundry rooms, a recreation room (Pool Table, Darts, Foos Ball, and a Ping Pong Table), TV lounge, study rooms.
The Student Bar Association and many of the student organization offices are located in Hayden Hall, and it is home to a number of our regular and visiting professors, as well as the Faculty in Residence.
Apartment types and floor plans:
- A-type studios are approximately 475 square feet, are suitable for one person or partner/family housing.
- C-type "doubles" consist of two private bedrooms, each suitable for one person only, with a shared kitchen and bath. Total square footage is approximately 475; average bedroom size is about 12 x 12.
- D-type studios are approximately 390 square feet, are suitable for one person or partner/family housing.
- E-type apartments are two-room apartments with on bedroom, living room/kitchen and bath (size varies between 575-610 sq. ft. depending on layout). Suitable for one person or partner/family housing. Average bedroom size = 12’ x 15’
- F-type "doubles" consist of two private bedrooms, each suitable for one person only, with a shared kitchen and bath. Total square footage is approximately 610; average bedroom size is about 12 x 15.
- G-type "triples" consist of three private bedrooms, each suitable for one person only, with a shared kitchen and bath. Total square footage is approximately 850; average bedroom size is about 12 x 15.
- J-type studios are approximately 335 square feet and are suitable for single occupancy only.
- H-Type "triples" consist of three private bedrooms in which two bedrooms are H-types (8 x 10) and one bedroom is a G-type (10 x 15), priced accordingly, each suitable for one person only, with a shared kitchen and bath. Total square footage is approximately 850.
Note: Measurements are approximate and individual apartments may vary somewhat from the floor plans. See furniture dimensions.
Accessibility at Hayden Hall:
This hall has an accessible entrance located at 240 Mercer Street near 3rd Street. Accommodations in this building include:
- Private bedrooms
- Low occupancy and single occupancy apartments
- Air conditioning in each bedroom
- Wheelchair and mobility-related modified apartments
- Suites with fire alarms for the visually impaired
For more information about accessible housing, visit the Moses Center for Student Accessibility. For a list of accommodations that the University provides regardless of building location, see Accessible Housing.
Hayden Hall is located approximately 0.3 miles (0.5 km) from Washington Square Park. The closest NYU Shuttle stop is at 715 Broadway, served by all shuttle routes. The closest dining hall is 18 Below, located at 18 Waverly Place, and the Kosher Eatery, located in Weinstein Hall on University Place near Washington Mews. The nearest accessible subway station is Broadway/Lafayette, located at the intersection of Houston Street & Lafayette Street, serving B, D, F, M, and 6 trains.
Note: NYU is currently engaged in a comprehensive review to enhance accessibility throughout its residence halls. The information listed above is subject to change and updates as the project progresses.