A Roundtable Discussion on ICOs and Cryptocurrency
Moderated by Pablo Quiñones, Executive Director of PCCE
On June 7, 2018, from 6:20 to 8:00 p.m., the NYU Program on Corporate Compliance and Enforcement hosted an in-depth discussion on the regulation of initial coin offerings (ICOs) and cryptocurrencies from the perspectives of government officials and private industry. The event explored the regulatory approaches used by the SEC, CFTC and FinCen, and the legal and compliance challenges companies face in properly navigating ICO and cryptocurrency markets.
- Mike Lempres, Chief Legal & Compliance Officer, Coinbase
- Thomas Ott, Associate Director, Enforcement Division, Financial Crimes Enforcement Network
- Valerie Szczepanik, Associate Director and Senior Advisor for Digital Assets and Innovation, Division of Corporation Finance, U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission
- K. Brent Tomer, Chief Trial Attorney, Division of Enforcement, Commodity Futures Trading Commission
- Douglas Yatter, Partner, Latham & Watkins LLP