April 6, 2018
The goal of the conference was to bring together academics, enforcement officials, general counsels, compliance officers, and white-collar defense lawyers to discuss how government regulators and companies can best address threats to the security of private data.
Conference Agenda: View Here
John Demers, Assistant Attorney General, National Security Division, U.S. Department of Justice
Jeh Charles Johnson, Partner, Paul Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison, and former Secretary, U.S. Department of Homeland Security
Text of Jeh Charles Johnson's speech can be viewed here.
Presentations and Panels:
Panel 1: Cybersecurity: Identifying and Responding to Next-Generation Threats
Moderator: Pablo Quiñones, Executive Director, PCCE, NYU School of Law
- Luke Dembosky, Partner, Debevoise & Plimpton
- Richard T. Jacobs, Assistant Special Agent in Charge, Cyber Branch, Federal Bureau of Investigation, New York Office
- Caroline D. Krass, Senior Vice President and General Counsel, General Insurance, and Deputy General Counsel, American International Group, Inc.
- Edward Stroz, Co-President, Stroz Friedberg
- Lisa Wiswell, Principal, GRIMM and Advisor, HackerOne
Panel 2: Government Regulation: Existing Responses and Remaining Concerns
Moderator: Jennifer Arlen ’86, Norma Z. Paige Professor of Law and Director, PCCE, NYU School of Law
- Jason Chipman, Partner, Wilmer Hale
- Robert Cohen, Chief, Cyber Unit, Division of Enforcement, U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission
- John Lynch, Chief, Computer Crime and Intellectual Property Section, U.S. Department of Justice
- Clark Russell, Deputy Bureau Chief, Bureau of Internet and Technology, New York State Office of the Attorney General
- David Shonka, Principal Deputy General Counsel, Federal Trade Commission
Keynote Speech: John Demers, Assistant Attorney General, National Security Division, U.S. Department of Justice
Panel 3: Cybersecurity in Networks: Implications and Lessons from SWIFT’s Customer Security Program
Moderator: Randal Milch, Faculty Co-Chair, Center for Cybersecurity, NYU School of Law
- Thomas Baxter, Of Counsel, Sullivan & Cromwell
- Head of Legal, The U.K. National Cyber Security Centre
- Stephanie Heller, Deputy General Counsel, New York Federal Reserve
- Yawar Shah, Chairman, SWIFT and Managing Director, Citigroup, U.S.
- Peter Tippett, Chief Executive Officer, Healthcelerate
Panel 4: Governance and Cyber Compliance
Moderator: Judith Germano, Senior Fellow, NYU Center for Cybersecurity and NYU Center on Law & Security; Adjunct Professor, NYU School of Law; Founder, GermanoLaw LLC
- Peter J. Beshar, Executive Vice President and General Counsel, Marsh & McLennan Companies, Inc.
- Brian Cincera, Vice President, Global Information Security, Pfizer, Inc.
- Avi Gesser, Partner, Davis Polk & Wardwell
- Thomas Glocer, Executive Chairman, BlueVoyant LLC and Lead Director, Morgan Stanley
- John Smith, General Counsel of Global Business Services and Vice President for Cybersecurity Law, Raytheon
Keynote Speech: Jeh Charles Johnson, Partner, Paul Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison, and former Secretary, U.S. Department of Homeland Security