Charles C. Platt
400 Park Avenue, 12th Floor
New York, NY 10022
1-212 444 3979/ firstname.lastname@example.org
Cartiga, LLC April 2021 - Present
- Chief Executive Officer of a company that provides access to capital, data analytics, marketing, and technology services for lawyers and their clients while they are pursuing legal claims. Responsible for all sales, operations, finance, technology, data analytics, legal, regulatory, and human resource functions at the company.
Legal Business Services, LLC November 2019 - April 2021
- Chief legal officer of a specialty finance company (the predecessor of Cartiga) that provided funding for lawyers and their clients while they pursued legal claims. Responsible for all legal, regulatory and compliance, and human resource functions at the company.
Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale and Dorr LLP 2003 - 2019
- Lead partner representing major companies in numerous high-profile civil trials, arbitrations, class actions, internal investigations, and federal and state regulatory enforcement cases. Substantial experience and expertise in securities fraud, shareholder derivative, fiduciary duty, ERISA, retirement product, antitrust, fraudulent conveyance, insurance law, commercial contract, hedge fund, construction, and corporate transaction disputes.
- Counseled senior management and boards of directors on complex corporate governance, compliance, insurance and risk management, and regulatory and litigation issues.
- Partner in charge of firm’s 300-person New York Office from 2011-2018. Leadership responsibilities for: recruiting, retaining, and transitioning lawyers; driving office initiatives, lawyer productivity and workspace efficiency; managing external communications, employment, and budget issues; initiating a sublease and rethinking office space to reduce real estate costs; developing training and career development programs for younger lawyers.
- Member of firm management committee, compensation committee member, and co-head of the firm’s Business Trial Group.
LeBoeuf, Lamb, Greene & MacRae LLP 1993 - 2003
- Partner. Firm’s management committee and co-head of litigation department (1999-2003)
- Lead lawyer on major litigation, arbitration and regulatory enforcement matters for large insurance, utility, and energy clients. Managed the strategic direction, recruitment, and marketing for the firm’s litigation department for more than four years. Head of the firm’s professional responsibility and conflict of interest committee for several years.
Special Assistant United States Attorney, United States Department of Justice 1992
- Appointed as Special Assistant United States Attorney for the Banca Nazionale del Lavoro ("Iraqgate") Investigation by the US Department of Justice.
LeBoeuf, Lamb, Greene & MacRae
- Partner 1988-1991
- Associate 1980-1987
- Managed major litigation, arbitration and regulatory enforcement matters, and disputes arising from mergers and acquisitions, IPOs, and other corporate transactions.
Law Clerk – Hon. Charles L. Brieant, United States District Court 1979 - 1980
- Law clerk for federal judge Charles L. Brieant in the Southern District of New York.
Honors & Awards
- New York Law Journal 2019 Distinguished Leader Award -- Recognizes lawyers who had great performances while demonstrating clear leadership skills leading to positive outcomes.
- Winner of WilmerHale’s Award for Extraordinary Contributions to the Firm, which recognizes exceptional work and values that define the firm culturally and reputationally.
- Serve on the Boards of Directors of the Legal Aid Society, and the NYU Center for Civil Justice Reform. Previously served as a trustee of the Federal Bar Council in New York, Brooklyn Law School, Saint David’s School in New York City, and Brooks School in North Andover, Massachusetts, and as a director of the Alliance for Downtown New York,
- Named in "New York Super Lawyers", Best Lawyers in America,; Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business.
- Selected as a Fellow of the Litigation Counsel of America, a peer-nominated, invitation only Trial Lawyer Honorary Society.
- Brooklyn Law School, JD 1979. Graduated in top 10% of class. One of the heads of the Moot Court Honor Society.
- University of Virginia, BA 1975. Graduated with distinction.
- Married for more than 30 years with two children. Active in community and charitable events, and in several sports, including skiing, bike racing, tennis, and sailing.