*Please note: NYU's policies, and procedures on convening events and gatherings have been modified to mitigate COVID transmission risks.
The Office of Student Affairs has created the Prominence Fund to help supplement the expenses of individual students in connection with certain important activities. The creation of this Fund stems from the recognition of the great impact that comes from supporting external opportunities for our students.
The Prominence Fund aids students by supplementing expenses connected with sending representatives to conferences, panels, or workshops.
The fund will cover a percentage of the cost of travel, lodging and registration. Once funding is approved, students are expected to make the initial outlay of money for the activity and then submit receipts and proof of travel for reimbursement. Please note, due to limited funds, funding for international travel is given in rare circumstances. **.
How To Apply For Prominence Funding:
Submit the following information to the Office of Student Affairs in Furman Hall, Suite 474 or in a MS Word attachment to email@example.com.
Name of individual requesting funding (Applicants must apply individually and not as group).
- Name/email of individual requesting funding (Applicants must apply individually and not as group).
- Title, date(s), location of event
- Full description of event
- Proposed budget including itemized expenses for travel, hotel, and registration, and a total budget request (food costs will not be reimbursed)
- List other sources and amounts of funding
Please make all requests for funding at least 4-6 weeks before the date of the activity for which funding is sought, but no later than November 18th for the Fall semester and March 10th for the Spring semester. Applications submitted less than 4 weeks may not be processed.
- Please submit original receipts only and proof of travel (boarding pass, ticket stub etc.) with your request. Internet itineraries will not be accepted.
- Please submit a copy of the program brochure, flier, description, etc. that you attended.
- Also, please include your social security number.
Please note, reimbursements must be submitted within 2 weeks after the date of the event.
**Reimbursements are subject to federal income tax withholding.
If you have any questions before making your reimbursement request, please send your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.