One of the largest and most intellectually diverse in the nation, our Graduate Division offers nine LLM degrees, an Executive LLM in Taxation, and the JSD. In each of our advanced programs, you’ll join a tight-knit group of students from around the globe.
The Best of Both Worlds
NYU Law's Graduate Division offers a wealth of opportunities, but our LLM programs offer small, focused communities that let you explore your interests in depth. Students can tailor our outstanding Master of Laws degree program to their needs or choose from eight high quality specializations as well as an executive program.
Whichever program you choose, you will be guided by accomplished faculty directors, who will offer advice about the curriculum, career planning, research, and extracurricular opportunities throughout the Law School, the University, and the greater city.
Borja Alvarez LLM ’17 on the International Business Regulation, Litigation, and Arbitration program
- Masters of Laws. Choose courses that match your interests to create your own curriculum.
- LLM in Competition, Innovation and Information Law. Develop expertise in antitrust, intellectual property, or information law.
- LLM in Corporation Law. Get an in-depth exposure to business organizations and transactions.
- LLM in Environmental and Energy Law. Focus on environmental, land use, and energy law issues with interdisciplinary perspectives.
- LLM in International Business Regulation, Litigation and Arbitration. Analyze regulation and how litigation and arbitration enforce—or change—the law.
- LLM in International Legal Studies. Deepen your understanding of international law in areas such as human rights, development, and trade.
- LLM in International Taxation. Develop a firm grounding in the US international tax system while absorbing the globalization of tax law principles and practices.
- LLM in Legal Theory. Study with our unrivaled faculty and get a multidimensional understanding of legal problems.
- LLM in Taxation. Build a strong knowledge base in all major areas of US federal taxation.
You can combine any of the LLM degrees with the Advanced Certificate in Law & Business.
For those working in the New York area, the Masters of Laws as well as the specializations in Competition, Innovation and Information Law; Environmental and Energy Law; International Legal Studies; and Taxation can be completed on a part-time basis.
Doctor of Juridical Science (JSD). As NYU School of Law’s most advanced law degree, the JSD provides intense training in academic research, geared primarily to those intending to pursue a career in academia.