The Law School campus is principally located on the southwest corner of Washington Square, at the corner of Washington Square South and MacDougal Street.
The main campus buildings are:
- Vanderbilt Hall, 40 Washington Square South, New York, NY 10012 View on Google Map
- Furman Hall, 245 Sullivan Street, View on Google Map
- D'Agostino Hall, 108 West Third Street, View on Google Map
- Wilf Hall, 139 MacDougal Street, View on Google Map
View a larger Campus Map
Directions to Campus:
Lexington Avenue Subway (6 Train)
Local to Astor Place Station. Walk west on Astor Place to Broadway, then south on Broadway to Waverly Place, and west on Waverly Place to Washington Square.
Broadway Subway (N, R Trains)
Local to Eighth Street Station. Walk south on Broadway to Waverly Place, then west on Waverly Place to Washington Square.
Sixth or Eighth Avenue Subway (A, B, C, D, E, F, M Trains)
Express to West Fourth Street-Washington Square Station. Walk east on West Fourth Street or Waverly Place to Washington Square.
Seventh Avenue Subway (1 Train)
Local to Christopher Street-Sheridan Square Station. Walk east on West Fourth Street to Washington Square.
Fifth Avenue Bus
Buses numbered 2, 2A, 3 and 5 to Eighth Street and University Place. Walk South to Washington Square.
Bus numbered 1 to Broadway and Eighth Street. Walk south on Broadway to Waverly Place and west to Washington Square.
Eighth Street Crosstown Bus
Bus numbered 8 to University Place. Walk south to Washington Square.
Bus numbered 6 to Waverly Place. Walk west to Washington Square.
Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) to Ninth Street Station
Walk south on Avenue of the Americas (Sixth Avenue) to Waverly Place, then east to Washington Square.
Take the Manhattan Bridge. Off the Bridge, take Canal Street West to Avenue of the Americas (6th Avenue). Take 6th Avenue North to West 4th Street and travel East to Washington Square.
Take the 59th Street Bridge. Travel West to Fifth Avenue. Turn South on Fifth Avenue. Fifth Avenue ends at Washington Square.
From Staten Island
Take the Staten Island Express across the Verrazano-Narrows Bridge crossing into Brooklyn. Take the Belt Parkway (West). Continue on the Belt Parkway to the Brooklyn-Queens Expressway (East). Take the Manhattan Bridge exit and follow the instructions above to Washington Square.
From the Bronx, Westchester County, and Upstate New York
Take The New York State Thruway (I-87), which becomes the Major Deegan Expressway in the Bronx. Continue to the Willis Avenue (Third Avenue) Bridge. Then cross to the FDR Drive in Manhattan. Travel South on FDR Drive to Houston Street, then west to La Guardia Place and North 3 blocks to Washington Square.
From New Jersey by way of the New Jersey Turnpike
- Holland Tunnel: Travel North on the Avenue of the Americas (also known as 6th Avenue) to West 4th Street. Turn Right onto West 4th Street to Washington Square.
- Lincoln Tunnel: Travel East to 5th Avenue; turn Right, going South. Fifth Avenue ends at Washington Square.
- George Washington Bridge: Take the Henry Hudson Parkway South to 14th Street. Then East to 5th Avenue. Turn South on 5th Avenue which ends at Washington Square.
From Long Island
Take the Long Island Expressway (also known as the L.I.E. or I-495) to the Queens-Midtown Tunnel. Drive East on 37th Street to 5th Avenue. Take 5th Avenue South to Washington Square.
Take the New England Thruway (I-95) into the Bronx. Take the Bruckner Expressway, I-278, to the Tri-Boro Bridge. Cross to Manhattan. Take the FDR Drive South to Houston Street, then west to La Guardia Place and North 3 blocks to Washington Square.
There are no parking facilities on campus, although there are a number of commercial parking garages in the neighborhood.
Here are two close-by parking options:
1. Minetta Garage at 122 West 3rd St. (Google Map), (212) 777-3530
2. Thompson St. Garage, 221 Thompson St. (Google Map), (212) 677-8741