One of the largest and most diverse in the nation, our Graduate Division offers nine different LLM degrees; the Executive LLM, Master of Studies in Law, and Advanced Professional Certificate in Taxation; and the JSD.
Master of Laws or Specialization?
You will have the freedom to design your own academic experience in the Master of Laws program or one of our eight LLM specializations. In each of our programs, you'll find a smaller community within the larger Law School and faculty directors to guide and inspire you. You can combine any of the LLM degrees with the Advanced Certificate in Law & Business.
Doctor of Juridical Science (JSD). As NYU School of Law’s most advanced law degree, the JSD provides intense training in academic research, geared primarily to those intending to pursue a career in academia.
Visiting Students, Fellows and Researchers
The Law School welcomes annually individuals from around the world into a variety of non-degree programs tailored to advance their studies or research:
- Visiting Doctoral Researchers Program: For doctoral candidates at institutions abroad who wish to spend one academic year in residence to advance their research while affiliated with our JSD program.
- Global Fellows Program: For academics, practitioners, government officials and postdoctoral scholars from outside the US who wish to advance their research for future publication by spending up to a year at NYU Law.
- Post-graduate Fellowships: For post-graduates who are pursuing careers in academia who want to advance their scholarship while participating as an active member of our community.
- Centers and Institutes may sponsor their own fellowship or visitor programs for individuals whose work closely aligns with their missions or current research projects.
- Exchange Students: Eligible students who are nominated by one of our partner institutions abroad may apply for one semester of exchange studies.