Full-time LLM Program
440 new students across nine programs
- 87.7% earned their first law degree abroad:
- 47 Countries
- 188 Institutions
- 43 US Law Schools
- 61.4% women
- Years out from earning the credential establishing eligibility (e.g. first law degree):
- 33.4% up to two
- 32.5% two to five
- 29.8% five to ten
- 4.3% ten or more
50 new students in the LLM, Executive LLM, MSL, and APC programs
- 92% US-educated
- 30 US universities or law schools
- 32% women
- 98% pursuing on one of our tax programs
- Years out from earning the credential establishing eligibility (e.g. law or bachelor's degree):
- 30% up to two
- 32% two to five
- 24% five to ten
- 14% ten or more
1 new student and 17 continuing students
They earned their first law degrees in: Argentina, Austria, Australia, Canada, China, Colombia, Israel, Nigeria, South Africa, and the United Kingdom
56% of our doctoral students are women
All statistics are current as of August 30, 2022, the first day of Fall semester classes.
Beyond the Numbers
We’re seeking smart, accomplished people from around the world who will succeed academically at NYU and contribute in meaningful ways to our global community.
Admission is highly selective. No single profile or set of factors will ensure that an applicant will receive an offer. The Committee on Graduate Admissions finalizes decisions after considering all the information in an application.
Learn more about our admission standards and our holistic, need-blind, and comparative review process.
The Graduate Division in Brief
NYU Law is an intellectual powerhouse, with more than 100 faculty, over 300 courses, 30+ research centers and 80+ student groups. Our Graduate Division offers advanced legal training that prepares students for the demands of today’s globalized world.
Nine LLM degrees, one you can tailor to your needs and eight specializations:
- Master of Laws
- Competition, Innovation and Information Law
- Corporation Law
- Environmental and Energy Law
- International Business Regulation, Litigation and Arbitration
- International Legal Studies
- International Taxation
- Legal Theory
Three exclusively part-time programs in which you can complete up to all credits through online study:
- Executive LLM in Taxation
- APC in Taxation
- MSL in Taxation (for accountants and financial professionals)
The JSD degree:
A doctoral-level credential that will prepare you for a scholarly career while you reside in the New York area, fully-funded by the Law School.