Got a problem? Submit a work order to get it fixed.
- Should any appliance, furniture or other furnishing supplied by NYU School of Law need repair, residents of Hayden and D’Agostino residence halls must complete a work request by logging into the FIX System with their Net ID and NYU Home password and following the instructions provided. You may view the status of your request by going to “My Requests.” E-mail the NYU Law Project Management Office at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any difficulty logging on to the system.
- The handyman on duty will be forwarded the work order and correct the problems as they arise in the queue. Repairs to appliances, furnishings or equipment supplied by NYU are the responsibility of management alone. No reimbursement to a resident or vendor performing repair services is allowed.
- In cases of emergency repair issues (eg. overflowing toilet, smell of gas, or no heat): contact the front desk of your respective building.
- An exterminating service representative visits each building once per week. On these visits, an NYU building staff member accompanies the representative for the duration of any preventative maintenance or responses to complaints.
- If you require this service contact the Office of Residential Life for Hayden Hall, or the Office of Facilities Services for D’Agostino Residence Hall.
Windows & Terraces
- Windows and terraces in all apartments have limiters installed on the frame. This restricts the amount the window or terrace door can open (6 inches) and removal of these stops is strictly prohibited by university policy. Apartment terraces may not be used.
- All apartment windows are cleaned annually by a professional window cleaning service. Residents will be notified ahead of time of scheduled window-cleaning dates.
- Residents are responsible for the cleaning and care of their apartments. Cleaning supplies and materials are not provided, but a vacuum cleaner can be borrowed from the Front Desk Attendant.
- Failure to maintain the apartment in reasonable condition may result in termination of your housing license.
- To activate the showerhead, turn the faucet(s) and push in the horizontal ‘diverter stem’ which allows water to flow upwards into the showerhead.
- Do not pull the stem forward to turn the shower off. Once water has been turned off, the diverter stem will release automatically.
Decorating and Painting
- Residents may decorate their apartment walls with pictures and other wall decorations with the use of safe-peel tapes, (i.e. Command strips or hooks).
- Any type of hanger resulting in larger nail holes, marks on the walls or damage to the wall is not permitted.
- Any damage caused to painted surfaces, including those cause by glue or large nails, is assessed against the occupants of the apartment.
- Additionally residents are not permitted to paint their own rooms. If the room requires painting, residents can submit a work request to have their apartment added to the painting list.