The Law School has arranged for 2020 graduates to have extended access to the resources listed below at no charge. Unless otherwise indicated, graduates should sign in to the sites using the same credentials they used as a student.
Legal Research & Databases
- ALM Legal Compass: See Online Library Resources
- Bloomberg Law: Access is extended through June 1, 2021.
- Bloomberg Tax: Access is extended until November 2020.
- LexisNexis: Use of Lexis Advance will be available until December 31, 2020.
- Westlaw: To get 60 hours per month of WestLaw through November 2020, graduates must register for the Graduate Elite Program.
- New York Times: Access to nytimes.com is extended until September 8, 2020.
- Tax Notes: Access is extended until September 2020.
- Financial Times: See Online Library Resources
Online Library Resources
- All alumni have free, offsite access to a package of electronic resources. Learn more about the alumni e-library. Databases include: Proquest, Hein’s Law Library Journal and Mergent
- Ez-Proxy Databases: Most of the Law Library databases are ez-proxy—meaning that users are authenticated as patrons entitled to access subscribed content by providing their NetID and password. RIA Checkpoint, Oxford, Cambridge, ALM Legal Compass, and Hein Online are examples of databases that fall within this category. Much of the Library’s access to newspapers, including access to the Financial Times, is through ez-proxy databases. The University’s electronic resources team expects that access to these databases generally should last until the end of August 2020 for May 2020 graduates, but they cannot give a firm date.
- Vault: 2020 graduates will be able to access Vault through May, 2021 through their Symplicity/CSM account.