Lexis, Westlaw, and Bloomberg Law are only available to NYU Law students, faculty members, and staff members.
Law School faculty and staff should contact Linda Ramsingh to request an account or to schedule training or for assistance with other administrative issues.
NYU Law Students
- Follow "Register for Academic Account" and fill in the requested information.
- A Bloomberg Law student representative is available most Mondays (11:30am-1:30pm) either in the Library or near the base of the staircase in Vanderbilt Hall.
- NYU's Bloomberg Law account representative is Warda Khan and Bloomberg Law's customer helpline is 1-888-560-BLAW.
- Obtain Lexis's law school registration code from a Lexis student representative, who is in the Library on Tuesdays (12:00-4:00pm).
- Go to the Lexis Registration page. Fill in the form including the registration code and follow on-screen instructions to create your custom ID and password.
- Alternatively, you may contact a reference librarian to obtain the activation code. Be prepared to show your NYU Law ID.
- NYU Law School's Lexis representative is Najdia Bailey and the Lexis customer helpline is 1-800-543-6862.
- Personal passwords are on a one-page contract, which you can obtain from a Westlaw student representative on most Mondays (1:30-3:30pm) and Wednesdays (12-2pm) in the Library or contact a reference librarian. Be prepared to show your NYU Law ID.
- NYU Law School's Westlaw account representative is Shawn Lopez and Westlaw's customer helpline is 1-800-850-9378.
Summer and New Graduate Access
Click on this research guide for the current information on summer and new graduate access to the databases.
NYU Non-Law Faculty, Students & Staff
Access to Bloomberg Law, Lexis and Westlaw is not available to non-law faculty, students, and staff, a policy mandated by the databases. These versions of Lexis Advance and Thomson Reuters Westlaw Campus are available for non-law NYU faculty and students.