• Charges apply to all event spaces at the Law School for weekend events and any event Monday- Friday after 4PM or before 9AM in our event spaces.
• Charges may apply during hours if your event is labor intensive and/or has at least 100 attendees.
• The flat rate charge of $105-$500 that is charged prior to your event may be modified if your event is after hours, on the weekend, or is labor intensive.
Room Cancellation Policy
For all internal NYU (and law school) clients: If an event is cancelled within 31 days of the event, there is a cancellation fee equal to the total cost of the room. If the event is cancelled within 7 days of the event and catering, A/V, and other services have been ordered, all costs are to be paid in full.
For all external clients: If an event is cancelled within 31 days of the event, the room must be paid in full. The deposit is non-refundable. If the event is cancelled within 7 days of the event and catering, A/V, and other services have been ordered, all costs are to be paid in full.
**Room Cancellations must be made in writing.**
• All events that have food and/or beverages require waitstaff service, with the exception of external catering brought in to classrooms or student lounges.
• The number of waitstaff required depends on the number of attendees, the type of catering, the type of event, etc.
• The cost of hiring waitstaff is $28 per hour with a minimum of five hours. The total waitstaff hours equal the hourly duration of your event plus three additional hours for setup and cleanup.
• Coat check is available at no cost during school hours for the Fall and Spring Semesters in Vanderbilt Hall and Furman Hall.
• If you request coat check before or after hours, during the Summer semester, or in D’Agostino Hall, the cost is $28 per hour with a minimum of five hours. Coat check attendants will arrive thirty minutes before your event and stay until thirty minutes after your event. You will be charged for the duration of your event plus the hour of setup and cleanup.
All external groups must submit liability insurance in the amount of two million dollars, with one million in workers compensation and names NYU as an additional insured party on the date of their event.
In order to maintain the same level of quality for each of our events, we require all clients order flowers for functions through the Office of Hospitality and Food Services. A standard $25 delivery charge will be applied to all orders. Floral arrangements start at $65.00.
If rentals are required for an event the client is responsible for the charges. There is a $300 minimum rental order. The rental charges will be reflected on the invoice from the Office of Hospitality and Food Services.
• A guard is required for all events in D’Agostino Hall (Lipton Hall & The Joseph and Gwendolyn Straus Faculty Club) for the 108 West 3rd entrance.
• The fees are $50 per hour with a five hour minimum. Guards will arrive thirty minutes before your event and stay until thirty minutes after your event. You will be charged for the duration of your event plus one hour of arrivals and departures.
• If you have a large number of outside guests attending your event you may be required to have an extra guard to assist in checking IDs. All guests without NYU IDs will need to show a photo ID. If you host a multi-day event or conference with guests entering and leaving law school buildings, we suggest you provide all parties with NYU badges. These can be shown in place of an ID and help facilitate security protocol.
• If you have a guest who is VIP, high-profile, or can be considered “controversial”, additional guards may be required.
• If your VIP or high-profile guests travel with his or her own security team you will need to contact David Critides at (212) 992-7324 (email@example.com) or Cindy Krumholtz Hughes at (212) 998-9829 (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Piano Tuning is available in Vanderbilt Hall for $165.00.