To empower student entrepreneurs and to support our alumni community, the Law School is launching the NYU Law Venture Fund. It will award student summer funding and launch grants, as well as seed-stage funding to student- or alumni-led companies, providing the financial flexibility and tools necessary to pursue unique and innovative ideas. The Venture Fund will lead the way in creating a culture of entrepreneurship at NYU Law and promoting interdisciplinary collaboration among the University’s schools. The Fund will support student entrepreneurs in the following ways:
- Summer Grants. The Fund will provide summer launch grants of $15,000 to student teams so that NYU Law students have income while developing their business idea.
- NYU Summer Launchpad Program. The Fund will encourage NYU Law entrepreneurs and more established teams to participate in NYU’s Summer Launchpad Program through the Leslie eLab. The Launchpad Program is a 9-week accelerator for teams to bridge their part-time dedication to their startups while in school, with full-time commitment after graduation.
- Seed-Stage Investments. In the 2019-20 academic year, startups founded by NYU Law students or alumni who have graduated within the last 10 years may apply for seed-stage funding.
Starting a Startup at NYU: Meet the Founders!
Tuesday, February 26, 2019
2:00 p.m. - 3:15 p.m.
NYU Leslie eLab
Wondering if startup life is for you? During this panel discussion, hear how your NYU classmates started companies while simultaneously managing their coursework. Panelists include: Kyleigh Russ (Wagner '19), Co-Founder of Govern for America; Riley Jones (Law '20), Co-Founder of BLOC; and Abhiroop CVK (Tandon '19), Co-Founder of FlareAgent. Learn how these founders took advantage of NYU's many entrepreneurial resources ranging from startup coaching, to educational programs, competitions, events, and funding. This event is co-sponsored by the NYU Law Venture Fund and NYU Entrepreneurial Insitute. RSVP for this event.
How to Apply for Venture Funding
The Venture Fund summer grants and the NYU Summer Launchpad Program are open to all startups with at least one student currently enrolled at NYU Law. The 2018-19 application period ends on February 28, 2019.
Startups founded by NYU Law alumni who have graduated within the last 10 years may seek seed-stage investments from the Fund beginning in the 2019-20 academic year.
All recipients will be selected by an advisory jury made up of NYU Law alumni, who will be solely responsible for evaluating the teams using specific evaluation criteria.
Andrew Appelbaum ’91
Jennifer Berrent ’00
Jeffrey Bloom ’92, LLM ’93
Stuyvesant Comfort ’95, LLM ’96
Margo Drucker ’90
Robert Gold ’84
Ramsey Homsany ’00
Vinay Jain ’09
Andrew Klein ’07, MBA ’08
David Lee ’99
David Pashman ’97
Gregory Raiten ’08
Melissa Tidwell ’03
Delphine Villuendas LLM ’02
Support Our Mission
The Venture Fund welcomes tax-deductible donations to further its mission.
- To contribute, please visit our Giving page. (Enter your contribution in the “Other Designations” box and in the text field below, add “The Venture Fund.”) Your entire gift goes directly to the Venture Fund.
- You can also contact us directly to discuss giving by sending an email to Anthony Thomas at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can reach us by email at email@example.com.