Creating the page framework:
- Log in to the website: http://www.law.nyu.edu/user
- Hover over “My Workbench” in the black bar at the top of the screen.
- Hover over “Create content”
- Click on “Basic Page”
What to add to your new page:
- Add a title
- Add a superheader (optional). This is usually the name of your department or organization (e.g., "Career Services").
- Add your content in the Body field. If you are pasting from Word, be sure to use the 'Paste from Word' tool in the editing toolbar.
- Select the most appropriate site section that this new page should belong to. This sets the editorial access permissions for the page. You'll most likely see only one item listed here.
- Optional features:
- Related Links: You can add related links that usually point to somewhere else on the site, or even to a different website. These related links will show up in a separate section below the navigation menu on the left side of the page.
- Sidebars (click RIGHT SIDEBAR to open these regions for editing: You can add up to four individual sidebars to the right side of your page. These can be used to call out important information that you may want to highlight in some way. Or they can promote and link to other pages in your section or other sections.
- URL path settings: add the URL path to your page eg: careerservices/subsectionname/pagename)
Look at the URLs of other pages in your section. The URL for your new page should follow a similar pattern as the other pages. Make sure to include the same department or organization name at the beginning of the path (e.g., careerservices).
- Publishing options: new pages are not published by default. To publish your page, Click Publishing options, then check the Published box.
- Click on Save at the bottom of the form.
- Tell us where to put your page: Submit this form. Be sure you know the URL path or node/# of your new page so that you can fill out the form correctly.