Effective performance feedback is critical to the success of the School of Law and the individual employee. A strong performance communication process:
- Helps employees improve what they do and how they do it, enabling them to give greater support to the goals of their department and the University.
- Fosters an environment of continuous feedback and professional growth.
- Creates a shared understanding of the skills and abilities or the demonstrated “know-how” necessary to be successful on the job.
- Gives employees the opportunity to assess their own performance and describe their contributions.
- Provides employees with an action plan to develop the skills and behaviors that will ensure their success and the success of the unit.