All of our clinical courses combine work in the field with seminars and simulation exercises. For more details, please visit the Clinics website at www.law.nyu.edu/academics/clinics/. Students may not be registered in a clinic without first applying for and being accepted into it by the instructor. The application process for LLM students opens on July 1, 2015 and the deadline for submission of applications is July 15, 2015. Please consult the individual clinic descriptions for application procedures (click on links below). Additional clinic opportunities will be posted later in the spring. There are a few clinics that require particular qualifications which international LLM students are unlikely to have (these include Government Civil Litigation-EDNY; Government Civil Litigation-SDNY; Prosecution-EDNY; and Prosecution-SDNY).
Students who need the LLM degree to qualify to take the NY Bar should note that up to 4 credits in clinical classes may count toward the 24 credits required by the New York bar eligibility rules provided that the 4 credits include a seminar component. If you have any questions, please contact the Office of Graduate Affairs at email@example.com.The deadline for LLMs to submit applications is July 15, 2015. Please consult the individual clinic descriptions for application procedures (click on links below).
The following 2015-16 clinics are accepting applications from LLM Students:
- Bankruptcy Appellate – Spring 2016
- Brennan Center Public Policy Advocacy – Fall 2015 and Spring 2016
- Global Justice – for LLMs – Fall 2015
- Government Civil Litigation Externship-EDNY – Spring 2016 (Must be a US citizen and pass a security clearance)
- Immigrant Defense – Spring 2016
- International Environmental Law – Fall 2015
- International Organizations – Fall 2015
- International Transactions – for LLMs – Spring 2016
- Legal Ethics Bureau - Spring 2016
- LGBTQ Rights - Spring 2016
- Mediation - Advanced: Dispute System Design - Spring 2016
- Reproductive Justice - Fall 2015 and Advanced Reproductive Justice - Spring 2016
Students should submit applications to clinics online using the Clinic Application and Matching System (CAMS) (https://its.law.nyu.edu/cams/). An NYU NetID and a Law School-issued password are required to access the system. Once you log in, you will be able to upload the application form, resume and unofficial transcript required by all clinics. Note that there is a separate application form for LLM students. The application form is in Word format and should be saved to your local computer, filled out and then submitted via (CAMS). Some clinics may request additional materials to supplement the basic application; these should also be submitted online via CAMS. If you have trouble saving the form, please contact the NYU School of Law Help Desk at (212) 998-6111. For other questions about CAMS please contact Susan Hodges.