Clinical courses and externships typically combine work in the field with seminars and simulation exercises. For a detailed description of each clinic and externship and of application procedures, please visit the Clinics website. Students may not enroll in a clinic or externship without first applying for and being accepted into it by the instructor.
Application Period: Thursday, June 14 - Wednesday, June 20, 5:00 PM
Interviews (if conducted): Thursday, June 21 - Tuesday, July 3
Here is the list of clinics with vacancies for which LLMs may apply:
- Advanced Reproductive Justice (Spring 2019)
- Global Justice - for LLMs (Fall 2018)
- Government Civil Litigation Externship-EDNY (Spring 2019 – must be US citizen and meet residency requirements)
- Housing Law Externship (Fall 2018 and Spring 2019)
- International Organizations (Fall 2018)
- International Transactions Clinic - for LLMs (Spring 2019)
- LGBTQ Rights Externship (Spring 2019)
- Mediation (Fall 2018)
- Mediation Clinic - Advanced: Dispute System Design (Spring 2019)
- Prosecution Externship-EDNY (Fall 2018 and Spring 2019 - must be US citizen and meet residency requirements)
- United Nations Diplomacy Clinic (Fall 2018)
Students should submit applications to clinics online using the Clinic Application and Matching System (CAMS) (https://its.law.nyu.edu/cams/). An NYU NetID and a Law School-issued password are required to access the system. Once you log in, you will be able to upload the application form, resume and unofficial transcript required by all clinics. Note that there is a separate application form for LLM students. The application form is in Word format and should be saved to your local computer, filled out and then submitted via (CAMS). Some clinics may request additional materials to supplement the basic application; these should also be submitted online via CAMS. If you have trouble saving the form, please contact the NYU School of Law Help Desk at (212) 998-6111. For other questions about CAMS please contact Susan Hodges.