D’Agostino Hall, located directly behind Vanderbilt Hall, primarily offers suites of two or three private bedrooms with shared bath and kitchen facilities, with a limited number of studio and one-bedroom apartments. The Mercer Street Residence, located a few blocks away, has several types of apartments ranging from studios to three-bedroom units with shared bathroom and kitchen facilities. Mercer Street Residence is currently undergoing a multi-year apartment renovation program. Our two low-rise buildings, 230 Sullivan Street and 130 MacDougal Street, are located less than a block away from Vanderbilt and Furman halls, and contain a variety of studio-type and one bedroom apartments.
Mercer Street Residence and D'Agostino Hall, our two high-rise facilities, feature the following amenities:
- Location: D'Agostino Hall and the low-rise buildings are located across the street from the Law School, and Mercer Residence is a short three block walk.
- Front Desk Services: Twenty-four hour Front Desk services (packages, announcement of guests, lock-outs, vacuums, game room equipment, etc.).
- Security: Twenty-four hour security staff coverage.
- Maintenance: Twenty-four hour maintenance staff coverage
- NYU-TV Cable Television
- NYU Telephone System: Includes voicemail, call-waiting, and local service.
- NYU ResNet: High-speed wireless online and data capability.
- Furniture: All apartments are furnished.
- Utilities: Rates inlcude all utilities (Heat/Air Conditioning (seasonally), Electricity, Water, & Gas)
- Green Living Initiatives
Complementing the private living spaces are:
- Study Rooms
- Laundry Rooms
- Computer Labs
- Recreation Room (Pool Table, Foos Ball, Darts, and Ping Pong Table)
- Bike Storage
These residence halls also contain the offices of the student journals and organizations, some administrative offices, computer labs and study rooms. Please see Mercer Street Residence or D’Agostino Hall descriptions for details of apartment layouts and furnishings. 230 Sullivan Street and 130 MacDougal Street, small walk-up buildings, offer low-cost housing options for our students.