Applicants are invited to apply for any or all of the public service scholarships that fit their interests and goals: the Root-Tilden-Kern, Filomen M. D’Agostino for Women and Children, Filomen M. D'Agostino in Civil Rights, Civil Liberties, and/or Criminial Justice, Jacobson Public Service for Women, Children and Families, the Lindemann Family Public Service, and the Sinsheimer Service.
In addition to completing all of the JD application, scholarship applicants must:
- Submit at least one additional letter of recommendation that addresses your commitment to public service.
- Supplement your admissions personal statement with a short public service essay not to exceed 750 words. Discuss your public service commitment and goals and the factors that have most significantly influenced them, or any other aspects you consider relevant to your qualification for the scholarship(s). If your admissions statement directly addresses your public service commitment, you may choose not to submit a separate essay and instead indicate on the admissions statement that you would like it to also serve as your public service essay.
- Read and acknowledge the appropriate statements in the Scholarship Programs Section 11 of the JD application. Here, you can choose to apply to one or more of the scholarships.
- Attach your public service essay to your JD application. Please clearly identify your scholarship essay. If you are admitted to the Law School, your entire admissions application will be submitted to the Root-Tilden-Kern Selection Committee.
- Complete your entire application by January 01, 2018. Those who are selected for interviews will be notified between February and mid-March. Interviews will be conducted at NYU Law on Saturday, April 7, 2018. Scholarship offers will be made shortly after the interviews. Finalists will be expected to respond within three business days to these offers, as early as Wednesday, April 11, 2018. Applicants therefore should plan to attend other schools’ admitted student days, and gather whatever other information they need, in order to make a decision about the scholarship as early as Wednesday, April 11, 2018.