With a variety of supported mobile devices, you will be able to wirelessly sync your Law School Exchange e-mail, calendar, contacts, and tasks.
For devices with mobile plans (mainly smartphones), be sure to have an appropriate data plan or you may incur large cell bills by exceeding your data plan. We strongly encourage an unlimited data plan.
For Apple iOS devices (iPhones and iPads), you should protect your credit card info in case you lose your device. Click here to learn how.
Supported Platforms (including smartphones and tablet devices)
iOS users should make sure to always update your device to the latest software.
- Tap Settings, then Mail, Contacts, Calendars, then Add Account, then Microsoft Exchange
- Enter your full Exchange e-mail address (email@example.com)
- Enter the domain (lawnyu), username (part of your e-mail address before the @), and Outlook password
- Tap Next
- If the server cannot be automatically determined, enter exchange.law.nyu.edu
- Tap the sliders to turn Mail, Contacts, and Calendar sync on or off. Note: Any current contacts or calendar items will be erased if you enable Exchange sync for them.
- Tap Save and allow the phone a few minutes to sync
- You may change sync options by tapping Settings, then Mail, Contacts, Calendar.
- Press the menu button and select Settings
- Under Settings, select Accounts & sync
- Select Add account and select Exchange ActiveSync
- Select Manual Setup and enter the following information
- Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Server address: exchange.law.nyu.edu
- Domain: lawnyu
- Username: doej
- Select which items you want to sync (Mail, Contacts, and Calendar)
- Press Finish
Helpdesk needs to configure BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES) on your BlackBerry for you. In order to synchronize your calendar and contact lists and 'push' your emails out faster to you, you need to first verify that you have the necessary level of service with your carrier. Contact Helpdesk to arrange an appointment for installation. Please plan accordingly as installation can take up to a few hours.
BlackBerry data plans that support BES
- Verizon: Any BlackBerry Data Plan
- AT&T: DataPro Enterprise Plan
- Sprint: Any BlackBerry Data Plan
- T-Mobile: BlackBerry Enterprise Plan
- Open the email application.
- Under the menu, select ‘Preferences and Accounts’
- At the bottom of the screen, select ‘Add an Account’
- Type in your full law school exchange username (e.g. email@example.com) and password and select ‘Sign In’
- If your phone doesn’t automatically detect that it is an exchange account, select ‘OK’ and then select the ‘Manual Setup’ option and do the following:
- Under Mail Type, select ‘Exchange (EAS)’
- Under domain, type ‘lawnyu’
- Select the ‘Sign In’ button
- You may then click on that account from the Accounts & Preferences page to change settings such as account name, sync intervals, signature, and alerts.