Mobile devices allow you to access your NYU resources on the go. Below you will find instructions on how to configure your device to access the NYURoam wireless and NYU email accounts.
For instructions on how to configure and connect your mobile device to NYURoam visit http://www.nyu.edu/its/wireless/configure/.
For instructions on configuring your NYU Gmail on your mobile device visit http://www.nyu.edu/its/askits/public/041216413245939.
If you have a Law School Exchange account and wish to configure that on your mobile device, follow the below instructions.
For devices with mobile plans (mainly smartphones), be sure to have an appropriate data plan or you may incur large cell bills by exceeding your data plan. We strongly encourage an unlimited data plan.
Supported Platforms (including smartphones and tablet devices)
iOS users should make sure to always update your device to the latest software.
- From the Home Screen, select Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Add Account > Microsoft Exchange
- Enter your e-mail address, password, and an optional description (Email can be your alias: firstname.lastname@example.org or your full exchange account: email@example.com)
- Tap Next and the account will verify and prompt you for more information
- Enter the server: exchange.law.nyu.edu, domain: lawnyu, and your username
- Tap Next
- Tap the sliders to turn Mail, Contacts, and Calendar sync on or off. Note: Your phone will prompt you if you want to save or delete any current contacts or calendar items on your phone if you enable Exchange sync for them
- Tap Save and allow the phone a few minutes to sync
- You may change sync options by tapping Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendar and then select the account
- Press the Application Menu button and select Settings
- Under Accounts, select Add account
- Select Corporate and enter your email address and password
- Press next and the phone should attempt to retrieve account information
- Update the following information:
- Domain\Username: lawnyu\username
- Server: exchange.law.nyu.edu
- Press Next and select which items you want to sync (Mail, Contacts, and Calendar)
- Press Finish
- Go to the Application List and select Settings > email+accounts
- Select add an account > advanced setup
- Enter your email address and password and press sign in
- Select Exchange ActiveSync and update the following information:
- User name
- Domain: lawnyu
- Server: exchange.law.nyu.edu
- Select the Content to sync and press sign in
Helpdesk needs to configure BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES) on your BlackBerry for you. In order to synchronize your calendar and contact lists and 'push' your emails out faster to you, you need to first verify that you have the necessary level of service with your carrier. Contact Helpdesk to arrange an appointment for installation. Please plan accordingly as installation can take up to a few hours.
BlackBerry data plans that support BES (You should confirm with your service provider that your data plan is compatible with BES since the below information may change at any time)
- Verizon: Any BlackBerry Data Plan
- AT&T: DataPro Enterprise Plan
- Sprint: Any BlackBerry Data Plan
- T-Mobile: BlackBerry Enterprise Plan