NYU School of Law ITS makes it easy for you to stay connected while you are away from your desk. Whether you are traveling for a conference or on vacation, all you need is an Internet connection to access your emails, documents, and any other NYU resources.
- Open Internet Explorer*
- Go to http://mercury.law.nyu.edu
- Log in with your Outlook username and password
- Log out when done
- Determine IP address of office PC
- Listed with other PC info in lower-right corner of desktop, or
- Start -> Control Panel -> Network and Sharing Center -> Change Adapter Settings > Right-click Local Area Connection -> Status, Click Details > Record the number next to IPv4 Address
- Open Remote Desktop Client
- Windows Users: (Start -> All Programs -> Accessories [sometimes -> Communications])
- Mac users: search “remote desktop client mac” from Google to download the client
- Enter IP address of Office PC, click Connect
- When prompted, enter domain\username (e.g. nyulaw\username) and password– the same used to login to the office PC
Library and Research Resources
Many resources are available without subscription when accessed from on-campus. However, when accessing off-campus the services redirects to a login page. The NYU Bobst Library has created a simple guide to accessing resources off-campus using their EZProxy service. The guide can be found at http://guides.nyu.edu/off-campus.