Better Printing Practices
Did You Know . . .
The American Paper Institute has estimated that manufacturing one pound of office paper from virgin fiber consumes the following resources:
- 12 cubic inches of pulpwood
- 13.5 gallons of water
- 10.5 KWh of electricity
- .3 pounds of pollutants
Improve Your Printing Practices
Along with using only recycled paper, printing efficiently can significantly reduce a computer user's ecological footprint. Improve your printing efficiency!
- Edit on screen.
- Change the margins to .75 inches from 1.25 inches.
- On larger documents, use smaller font sizes.
- Keep a recycling bin by the printer.
- Enable the duplex option on your computer to print double sided.