Reuse & Recycle
Each year Hayden Hall and D’Agostino Hall conducts the Green Apple Move-Out, which is a recycling initiative during the months of spring semester and summer living move-out dates, in May and August. In past years, the School of Law collected the following:
- 1,836 Pounds of Clothing
- 789 Pounds of Linens
- 318 Pounds of Shoes
Donation Stations will be located in the lobby of Hayden Hall (by the Game Room) and in D'Agostino Hall (The Commons) in May and in August.
Items Collected for Donation or Recycling during the Green Apple Move-Out
- Bicycles - Times Up! - Donates refurbished bikes to inner city kids
- Books – NYU Bookstore will sell the books and proceeds will be going to the charity. Unsold books will be donated to Bridge to Asia and Books for Africa.
- Cleaning Products (Laundry Detergent, etc.) & Linens (Sheets, Blankets, Towels, etc.)
- Clothes (Shirts, Pants, Coats, Shoes, etc.) - Goodwill. All clothes must be in good condition.
- Techno Trash (Computers, Printers, CDs, DVD's, Cell Phones, PDA's, Pagers, & Other Electronic Items) - NYU Recycling
- Eyeglasses - Recycled with LensCrafters and donated to the needy
- Non-Perishable Food (Unopened!)