The Mercer Street Residence is located at the corner of West Third and Mercer Streets, just a few minutes’ walk from Vanderbilt Hall, New York University School of Law’s main classroom building. All apartments have kitchens or kitchenettes, and bathrooms. All are furnished with beds (type A, D, and E apartments are furnished with queen beds; all others are furnished with extra-long single beds), drawer space, desks, dining tables and chairs, refrigerator and stove/oven and are air-conditioned and have wall-to-wall carpeting in the bedroom(s). Note that the majority of the apartments in Mercer Residence do not have windows in the common area, none of the bathrooms have windows and the building is currently undergoing a multi-year apartment renovation program.
Mercer Residence offers the following amenities:
- Location: D'Agostino Hall is located across the street from the Law School, and Mercer Residence is a short three block walk.
- Front Desk Services: Twenty-four hour Front Desk services (packages, announcement of guests, lock-outs, vacuums, game room equipment, etc.).
- Maintenance: Twenty-four hour maintenance staff coverage
- NYU-TV Cable Television
- NYU Telephone System: Includes voicemail, call-waiting, and local service.
- NYU ResNet: High-speed wireless online and data capability.
- Furniture: All apartments are furnished.
- Utilities: Rates inlcude all utilities (Heat/Air Conditioning (seasonally), Electricity, Water, & Gas)
- Green Living Initiatives
Mercer Residence also contains computer labs, laundry rooms, a recreation room (Pool Table, Darts, Foos Ball, and a Ping Pong Table), The Pub, study rooms, and a terrace on the 7th floor.
The Student Bar Association and many of the student organization offices are located in Mercer, and it is home to a number of our regular and visiting professors, as well as the Faculty in Residence. The Mercer Street Residence is near the Jerome S. Coles Sports and Recreation Center which is enjoyed by all of the University's students.
- A-type studios are approximately 475 square feet, are suitable for two people, and are used for family/couple housing only.
- C-type "doubles" consist of two private bedrooms, each suitable for one person only, with a shared kitchen and bath. Total square footage is approximately 475; average bedroom size is about 12 x 12.
- D-type studios are approximately 390 square feet, are suitable for one or two people, and are used for single occupancy and for family/couple housing.
- E-type apartments are one-bedroom units of approximately 575 square feet in total; they are suitable for two people and are used for family/couple housing only.
- F-type "doubles" consist of two private bedrooms, each suitable for one person only, with a shared kitchen and bath. Total square footage is approximately 610; average bedroom size is about 12 x 15.
- G-type "triples" consist of three private bedrooms, each suitable for one person only, with a shared kitchen and bath. Total square footage is approximately 850; average bedroom size is about 12 x 15.
- J-type studios are approximately 335 square feet and are suitable for single occupancy only.
Note: Measurements are approximate and individual apartments may vary somewhat from the floor plans.
Sub-types and Tiers
Mercer apartments are also coded by Sub-type and Tier.
For example, at type F3-U apartment is a type F apartment with a Broadway View (Sub-type 3) located on the Upper Tier (Floors 15-20)
- Sub-type 1 = Mercer street View/Quietest side of the building
- Sub-type 2 = 3rd Street View/Louder than the Mercer Street View and quieter than the Broadway View
- Sub-type 3 = Broadway View/Loudest side of the building
|Tier||Tier Code||Location in Building|
Pictures and Floor Plans
View floor plans of Mercer Street Residence.