Submit Applications Online
Registration for clinics is by application and permission only. All applications should be submitted using the Clinic Application and Matching System (CAMS). An NYU NetID and a Law School-issued password are required to access the system. Once you log in, you will be able to upload the general application form, resume and unofficial transcript required by all clinics. Some clinics may request additional materials to supplement the basic application; these should also be submitted online via CAMS. The JD application deadline for all clinics—whether year-long, Fall semester, or Spring semester—is Friday, April 3, 2015, at 5:00 p.m. (The sole exception is the Legislative and Regulatory Process Clinic, whose deadline is February 2, 2015.) *Please note: Admission to the clinics in Buenos Aires and Paris is administered by NYU Law Abroad. Please consult their web page for application instructions and details.*
Maximum number of clinic applications
You may apply for a maximum of six clinics—i.e., any combination of year-long and/or semester-long clinics. This is a change from previous years. You may apply for one or both semesters of a given one-semester clinic, but each semester counts separately toward the maximum.
Pre- and Co-Requisites
Please ascertain whether you have fulfilled the requirements for a particular clinic before submitting your application. If you have questions regarding any of the requirements, please direct them to the relevant clinical faculty.
Not all clinics conduct interviews. Check clinic descriptions for details. If conducted, interviews will take place from Monday, March 30 through Thursday, April 23, 2015.
Indicate Your Preferences for Clinic Matching
Once you complete the application process—including any necessary interviews—you must decide the order of your preferences among the clinics to which you applied, and communicate those choices to us through the Clinic Application and Matching System (CAMS). You may apply for one or both semesters of a given one-semester clinic, but each semester should be indicated as a separate preference. If you are applying to only one clinic, you must affirmatively indicate on CAMS that it is your first choice in order for us perform the clinic matching. The deadline for submitting your preferences for the clinic matching is Friday, April 24, 2015, at 5:00 p.m.
• Bankruptcy Appellate (Spring)
• Brennan Center Public Policy Advocacy (Fall and Spring)
• Business Law Transactions (Fall and Spring)
• Civil Litigation - Employment Law (Fall and Spring)
• Community Development and Economic Justice (Spring)
• Criminal Appellate Defender (Spring)
• District Attorney of New York Externship (Fall and Spring)
• Education Advocacy (Spring)
• Education Sector Policy and Consulting (Fall and Spring)
• Environmental Law (Fall and Spring)
• Equal Justice and Defender (Fall)
• Federal Judicial Practice Externship (Fall)
• Global Justice - for LLMs (Fall)
• Government Civil Litigation Externship - Eastern District of New York (Fall and Spring)
• Government Civil Litigation Externship - Southern District of New York (Fall and Spring)
• Immigrant Defense (Spring)
• International Environmental Law (Fall)
• International Organizations (Fall)
• The Legal Ethics Bureau at NYU Law School (Spring)
• Legislative and Regulatory Process (Fall)
• LGBTQ Rights (TBD)
• Mediation (Fall)
• Mediation - Advanced: Dispute System Design (Spring)
• New York Civil Liberties (Spring)
• Prosecution Externship - Eastern District of New York (Fall and Spring)
• Prosecution Externship - Southern District of New York (Fall and Spring)
• Racial Equity Strategies (Fall)
• Racial Justice (Fall and Spring)
• Regulatory Policy (Fall and Spring)
• Reproductive Justice (Fall) and Advanced Reproductive Justice (Spring)
• Technology Law and Policy (Fall)
You may apply for both semesters of a given clinic, but each semester counts separately toward the six-clinic maximum.
|February 27, 2015||Clinic packet available|
|March 6||Clinic Fair held at Furman Hall, 3-5 p.m.|
|March 23 - April 3||Clinic Application Period.
Application materials should be submitted online using CAMS.
All materials are due by 5 p.m. on April 4.
|March 30 - April 23||Interviews conducted (for clinics that require them).|
|April 24||Preferences must be submitted on CAMS by 5 p.m.|
|May 6||Students notified by e-mail whether or not they have been accepted into a clinic.|
|May 21||Confirmation of students' intent to register must be received by 5 p.m.|
Note for LLMs
The application period for LLMs runs from July 1-July 15, 2015. The following clinics reserve spaces for LLM students:
The Bankruptcy Appellate Clinic (Spring), Brennan Center Public Policy Advocacy Clinic (Fall & Spring), Environmental Law Clinic (Fall & Spring), Legal Ethics Bureau (Spring), LGBTQ Rights Clinic (TBD), Mediation Clinic (Fall), Mediation - Advanced: Dispute System Design (Spring), New York Civil Liberties Clinic (Fall), Racial Justice Clinic (Fall & Spring) and Regulatory Policy Clinic (Fall & Spring) also welcome LLM applications and will consider taking LLM students, but they do not specifically reserve space for LLMs. Additional clinic opportunities may be posted later in the spring. Please consult the Graduate Affairs Clinics web page for further details.