Submit Applications Online
Registration for clinics is by application and permission only. All applications should be submitted using the Clinic Application and Matching System (CAMS). An NYU NetID and a Law School-issued password are required to access the system. Once you log in, you will be able to upload the general application form, resume and unofficial transcript required by all clinics. Some clinics may request additional materials to supplement the basic application; these should also be submitted online via CAMS. The JD application deadline for all clinics - whether year-long, Fall semester, or Spring semester - is Friday, April 4, 2014, at 5:00 PM. (The sole exception is the Legislative and Regulatory Process Clinic, whose deadline is February 7, 2014.)
Maximum number of clinic applications
You may apply for a maximum of six clinics -- i.e., any combination of year-long and/or semester-long clinics. This is a change from previous years. You may apply for one or both semesters of a given one-semester clinic, but each semester counts separately toward the maximum.
Pre- and Co-Requisites
Please ascertain whether you have fulfilled the requirements for a particular clinic before submitting your application. If you have questions regarding any of the requirements, please direct them to the relevant clinical faculty.
Not all clinics conduct interviews. Check clinic descriptions for details. If conducted, interviews will take place from Monday, March 24 through Thursday, April 24, 2014.
Indicate Your Preferences for Clinic Matching
Once you complete the application process -- including any necessary interviews -- you must decide the order of your preferences among the clinics to which you applied, and communicate those choices to us through the Clinic Application and Matching System (CAMS). You may apply for one or both semesters of a given one-semester clinic, but each semester should be indicated as a separate preference. If you are applying to only one clinic, you must affirmatively indicate on CAMS that it is your first choice in order for us perform the clinic matching. The deadline for submitting your preferences for the clinic matching is Friday, April 25, 2014, at 5:00 p.m.
• Bankruptcy Appellate (Fall)
• Brennan Center Public Policy Advocacy (Fall and Spring)
• Business Law Transactions (Fall and Spring)
• Children's Rights (Fall and Spring)
• Civil Litigation - Employment Law (Fall and Spring)
• Community Development and Economic Justice (Spring)
• Criminal Appellate Defender (Spring)
• Environmental Law (Fall and Spring)
• Equal Justice and Defender (Fall)
• Global Justice (Fall and Spring)
• Government Civil Litigation - Eastern District of New York (TBD)
• Government Civil Litigation - Southern District of New York (TBD)
• Immigrant Defense (Spring)
• International Environmental Law (Fall)
• International Organizations (Fall)
• The Legal Ethics Bureau at NYU Law School (Spring)
• Legislative and Regulatory Process (Fall)
• LGBT Rights (TBD)
• Litigation, Organizing and Systemic Change (Fall)
• Mediation (Fall)
• Mediation - Advanced: Dispute System Design (Spring)
• New York Civil Liberties (Spring)
• Prosecution - Eastern District of New York (TBD)
• Prosecution - Southern District of New York (TBD)
• Racial Justice (Fall)
• Regulatory Policy (Fall and Spring)
• Reproductive Justice (Fall) and Advanced Reproductive Justice (Spring)
• Technology Law and Policy (Fall)
You may apply for both semesters of a given clinic, but each semester counts separately toward the six-clinic maximum.
|February 28, 2014||Clinic packet issued at 1PM.|
|March 7||Clinic Fair held at Furman Hall, 3-5 PM|
|March 24 - April 4||Clinic Application Period.
Application materials should be submitted online using CAMS.
All materials are due by 5 PM on April 4.
|March 24 - April 24||Interviews conducted (for clinics that require them).|
|April 25||Preferences must be submitted on CAMS by 5 PM.|
|May 7||Students notified by e-mail whether or not they have been accepted into a clinic.|
|May 22||Confirmation of students' intent to register must be received by 5 PM.|
Note for LL.M.s
The list of 2014-15 Clinics available to LL.M.s will be updated in late March 2014.
The application period for LL.M.s runs from July 1- July 14, 2014. The following clinics reserve spaces for LL.M. students:
The Bankruptcy Appellate Clinic (Fall), Environmental Law Clinic (Fall & Spring), Legal Ethics Bureau (Spring), Mediation Clinic (Fall) and Regulatory Policy Clinic (Fall & Spring) also welcome LL.M. applications and will consider taking LL.M. students, but they do not specifically reserve space for LL.M.s. Additional clinic opportunities will be posted later in the spring. Please consult the Graduate Affairs Clinics web page for further details.