Last Fall, OUTLaw was extremely proud to start the Identity Documents Project, which helps trans New Yorkers to get their correct identity documents. You can find out more and support the IDP here.
- On August 26, we welcomed our new 1Ls at the LACA and OUTLaw Welcome Reception. We are excited to welcome our new members!
- On September 15, at the first OUTLaw General Body Meeting of the 2016-17 academic year, we introduced the executive committees and met our mentorship families.
- On September 24, we hosted an OUTLaw Picnic in Prospect Park.
- On October 13, we hosted a Sex-Ed Triva Night at Duplex (co-hosted with If/When/How).
- On October 20, we hosted our annual happy hour with Law Women.
- On November 2, we hosted a screening of the film How to Survive a Plague on the AIDS epidemic (co-hosted with If/When/How).
- On February 4, we joined thousands of New Yorkers in standing up against discrimination in the Trump administration at the LGBT Solidarity Rally.
- On February 16, we co-hosted Bar Review with SBA.
- On March 6, we hosted an event called "HIV in the Era of Mass Incarceration" where we learned more about the disproportionate impacts of HIV criminalization laws on queer and trans communities of color and the outsize presence of HIV in America's prisons.
We encourage you to join the NYU OUTLaw Facebook Group to stay up to date with upcoming events and programming.
2017-2018 OUTLaw Mentor Program
Interested in providing support and community to the incoming class of 1L OUTLaws? If you are, please sign up to be an OUTLaw mentor here! This program aims to help 1Ls from various backgrounds find their feet at law school by giving them your valuable advice on classes, careers and general life at NYU.
As always, feel free to contact the OUTLaw board if you have any questions about our upcoming events.