Eyal Benvenisti and Jürgen Basedow join Institute of International Law
Global Visiting Professor Eyal Benvenisti, Anny and Paul Yanowicz Professor of Human Rights at Tel Aviv University Faculty of Law, and Jürgen Basedow, a fellow at the Center for Transnational Litigation and Commercial Law and a director of the Max Planck Institute for Comparative and International Private Law, have been elected to the Institute of International Law. The organization was founded in 1873 to examine and adopt normative resolutions on international law which it then brings to the attention of governmental authorities, international organizations, and scientists.
The organization’s members include former U.N. secretary-general Boutros Boutros-Ghali, former U.N. weapons inspector Hans Blix, Herbert and Rose Rubin Professor of International Law Emeritus Andreas Lowenfeld, Charles L. Denison Professor of Law Emeritus and Judicial Fellow Theodor Meron, former International Court of Justice judge Thomas Buergenthal ’60, and Global Visiting Professor Martti Koskenniemi.
Posted on September 14, 2011