Messages Sent to Your NYU Home Gmail Account
Notices from the ILLiad Interlibrary System are sent to you at an NYU email address (firstname.lastname@example.org). These important notices alert you when a book you ordered has arrived, or is due, etc. Email messages sometimes are viewed as SPAM and are diverted from your Inbox to a SPAM or other folder. If you believe you are not receiving these message, follow these instructions to check your SPAM folder.
Messages Forwarded from Your NYU Home Gmail Account
Many students choose to automatically forward messages from their NYU email account to another email account -- Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo, etc. In the forwarding process messages are sometimes lost.
In order to make sure that your forwarded messages arrive in your Inbox and not in a SPAM filter after they're forwarded, please take a moment to "whitelist" NYU's domain in whatever email provider you use.
1. From the search box at the top of the screen, click the down arrow, which opens the advanced search box
2. In the ‘From’ field, type nyu.edu. [do not add law.nyu.edu or exchange.law.nyu.edu or mercury.law.nyu.edu. Gmail will interpret them all as nyu.edu]
3. Click ‘Create filter with this search’
4. Check the box that says ‘Never send it to Spam’.
5. Click ‘Create Filter’
1. Go to your Inbox
2. Near the upper-right corner click the Gear icon, then "more email settings"
3. Click "Prevent Junk email" on the left, then "Safe and blocked senders"
4. Click Safe senders
5. In the box marked "Sender or domain to mark safe" type "nyu.edu" and click Add to list
6. Repeat for "law.nyu.edu", "exchange.law.nyu.edu" or "mercury.law.nyu.edu", depending on your email address
1. You must be in the email folder (inbox, spam, etc) where your message from nyu resides. You cannot be reading the message, but in the list that displays the message.
2. Select a message that was auto-forwarded to this account by clicking the check box to the left of it.
3. Click Actions, Filter Emails Like This
4. Choose a name for the filter, for example “NYU Home”, and type it in the Name Box
5. In the Sender Box, choose “contains”, and type in nyu.edu
6. Beneath “Then Move the Message To”, select Inbox