Enrollment StatusApplicants for summer residence do not need to be enrolled as NYU students. Residents may wish to explore the many summer courses and programs offered by New York University's School of Continuing and Professional Studies.
Age RequirementsAccommodations are available for single adults or couples, age 18 or over.
When applying, you will be required to confirm that you are enrolled for a class at NYU this summer or that you have health insurance coverage that meets the following criteria:
- The insurance company must be headquartered and operating in the US, with a US claims address and customer service telephone number. (International applicants who do not meet this requirement should contact the Summer Living in New York Program.)
- The insurance coverage must remain in effect for the entire period of your stay in NYU School of Law housing.
- The plan must provide inpatient hospitalization benefits in the New York City area for both medical and mental health treatment.
- The plan must provide outpatient benefits in the New York City area (including coverage for office visits, outpatient mental health benefits and laboratory and radiology procedures). Coverage limited to emergency care does not meet this requirement.
- The maximum benefit payable under the insurance plan must be at least USD $250,000 per condition.
If you do not have health insurance that meets these requirements or if you are not enrolled for a class at NYU, you will not eligible for NYU School of Law summer housing accommodations.
We are pleased to be able to accommodate requests from families, including those with children under the age of 18; the applicant parents/licensees must remain in residence for the entire lease period.