Policing, Regulating, and Prosecuting Corruption
The Center's third annual major conference was held on Friday, March 25, 2011. It was co-hosted by the Center and the NYU Annual Survey of American Law Spring 2011 Symposium. See the schedule. Watch the video.
The keynote speakers were Anne Milgram ('96), the former Attorney General of the State of New Jersey and a senior fellow at the Center, and Neil M. Barofsky ('95), then the Special Inspector General of the Troubled Asset Relief Program and now also a senior fellow at the Center.
Participating scholars and practitioners included:
- Albert Alschuler, Professor of Law, Northwestern University School of Law
- Greg Andres, Deputy Assistant Attorney General, Criminal Division, United States Department of Justice
- Noah Bookbinder, Chief Counsel for Criminal Justice, Senate Judiciary Committee
- R. Blake Chisam, Former Chief Counsel and Staff Director, United States House of Representatives Committee on Standards of Official Conduct
- Kathleen Clark, Professor of Law, Washington University in St. Louis School of Law
- Anne E. Cohen, Partner, Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Kevin E. Davis, Beller Family Professor of Business Law, New York University School of Law
- Nora R. Dannehy, Deputy Attorney General, State of Connecticut, and former United States Attorney, District of Connecticut and former Special Prosecutor, United States Department of Justice
- Rose Gill Hearn, Commissioner of the New York City Department of Investigation
- Ronald Goldstock, New York State Commissioner of the Waterfront Commission of New York Harbor
- Roderick M. Hills, Jr., William T. Comfort, III Professor of Law, New York University School of Law
- James B. Jacobs, Chief Justice Warren E. Burger Professor of Constitutional Law and the Courts, New York University School of Law
- Michael Johnston, Charles A. Dana Professor of Political Science, Colgate University
- Pamela S. Karlan, Kenneth and Harle Montgomery Professor of Public Interest Law, Stanford Law School
- Susan Rose-Ackerman, Henry R. Luce Professor of Jurisprudence, Yale Law School and Yale Department of Political Science
- Melanie Sloan, Executive Director, Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington
- Jack Smith, Chief, Public Integrity Section, United States Department of Justice
- Andrew Weissmann, Partner and Co-Chair, White Collar Defense and Investigations Practice, Jenner & Block LLP
Watch videos from the event.