The Black, Latino, Asian Pacific American Law Alumni Association (BLAPA) listserv was established to provide a communication vehicle for BLAPA alumni and to inform subscribers about upcoming BLAPA activities and events. This list is open to members of the NYU School of Law community who have an interest in BLAPA and its programs.
This list is not moderated; however, we retain the right to screen all potential members and postings before they are submitted to the website. We guarantee the privacy of each of our members by not selling or sharing our membership database or accepting any unsolicited e-mail lists or names.
- To become a member: Send a blank e-mail to email@example.com.
- To post information: Send your posting to firstname.lastname@example.org.
When your posting has been approved, you will receive an e-mail confirmation from the BLAPA listserv administrator and your posting will be made available to all members of the listerv. This ensures that the content is suitable for the community. Any material deemed inappropriate will not be posted and notification of this decision will be communicated via e-mail.
BLAPA Listserv Guidelines
- BE RELEVANT! Any e-mail should relate to or be of general interest to BLAPA and BLAPA's membership.
- BE CONSIDERATE! Many alumni use their work e-mail addresses to subscribe to the BLAPA listserv, so please do not send political endorsements, spam-mail, personal party invitations, chain letters, jokes, urban legends, stale-mail, religious poems, or other inappropriate mail to the listserv.
- BE CAREFUL! Be sure that you intend to send your message to the listserv. If you hit reply you will respond to the entire BLAPA list. If this is not your intent, please reply only to the individual's e-mail address.
- BE ACCURATE! Only news from a verifiable source should be posted. If you are disseminating information where persons are being asked to take action, please make sure that your information is based on fact.
Acceptable broadcast e-mails that should be placed on the BLAPA listserv include:
- NYU Law and BLAPA related information
- Messages that relate to the greater good of communities of color, promoting awareness and empowerment
- Career opportunities
- Volunteer opportunities/community involvement
- Educational scholarships, certification programs, professional training, etc.
- Special events related to the communities of color
Unacceptable broadcast e-mails that should not be placed on the BLAPA listserv include:
- Commercial advertisements
- Spam, stale mail
- Non-BLAPA party invitations (excluding other NYU alumni/professional organizations)
- Chain letters, jokes, urban legends, religious poems, political endorsements
- Other inappropriate e-mails
To be removed from our mailing list, send a blank e-mail to email@example.com and you will be removed within 24 hours. Once your record is removed from the list, you will receive an e-mail confirmation.
If you have any questions, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.