The mission of Law Women is to promote the success of females in the legal field, and to advocate for women's rights locally and globally.
Law Women accomplishes its mission in a variety of ways, both within the NYU Law community and more broadly:
- We provide educational support and advice to law students, including peer counseling and academic resources.
- We foster strong relationships both within Law Women and across the larger law school community, striving to cultivate diversity and inclusion.
- We strive to support and cultivate awareness of the mental and emotional health of NYU Law's women.
- We facilitate professional connections and mentorship opportunities with NYU alumnae and the broader legal community through networking events and professional development panels.
- We organize community service opportunities and collaborate with a variety of student groups.
- We advocate for women’s rights on the national and international stages, proactively bringing attention on campus to important issues women face in the world today.
Law Women incorporates these elements into our yearly calendar of events. Some highlights include the continuation of our successful Peer Mentorship Program and our Alumnae Mentorship Program, a series of 'Day in the Life' Panels featuring successful women working in a variety of legal fields, and our fifth annual Law Women Summit.