PILC offers one-on-one advising to help you:
- think through the types of work that might interest you;
- identify organizations offering internships, fellowships, and post-graduate positions;
- help you choose classes and activities;
- review your resume and cover letters;
- improve your interviewing and networking skills;
- and advise you on next steps in your job search.
Information on Judicial Clerkships can be found at NYU Law’s Career Services Office.
To Make an Appointment
Appointments for 2L and 3L students can be made all year, except during NYU Law holidays and closures. 1L students may begin making appointments with a counselor after October 15th and after attending 1L workshops.
Please contact the PILC Office by email or calling (212) 998-6686 to schedule your appointment.
How to Prepare for Your Appointment
You should send your resume, cover letter (if needed), an unofficial NYU Law transcript, and an outline of what you’re looking to discuss to email@example.com at least 24 hours in advance of your appointment.
If you are having a mock interview, please include the job description, as well as the materials listed above. Please arrive to your mock interview appointment dressed in business attire.
How to Reschedule or Cancel Your Appointment
If you need to reschedule or cancel your appointment, please call (212) 998-6686 or stop by the PILC Office. Email cancellations will not be accepted.
Fifteen-minute drop-in counseling sessions are available Monday through Friday. To schedule a drop-in appointment, please visit the PILC Office the same day, before drop-in hours.